quick dsp question

dwax

Jul 21, 2009
If I set my base tune as the hottest one and want to have them gradually less agressive to stock, do i need to set DSP1 as my next hottest tune or dsp4 as my next hottest?

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
Tune starts as base then dsp 1234
With that being said it depends how your switch is wired it my go dsp 4321 base tune

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
If you use your base tune as the "hot" tune keep in mind that you will be limited to what you can do with the dsp files

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
I have a simpler and not to mention smarter solution,

read your switch from right to left, problem solved.

there is no point in re arranging the tunes, one major down fall is that the ecm will revert to the hottest tune if it lost connection to the switch. to accomplish this however your base tune would have to be your hottest then dsp1 would be second hottest, then dsp2 the third hottest so on and so forth,

dwax

Jul 21, 2009
Thanks for the help. I'll leave the hottest tune as my base only because my hottest isnt too much. I just didn't want to move it one click from the hottest tune and go to the lowest. I want them in order. I understand now. Thanks again

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
If you use your base tune as the "hot" tune keep in mind that you will be limited to what you can do with the dsp files

Actually, thats not true. You will be most limited if you set your base to the smallest. Because dsp folders don't have as many tables and they resort to the limiting tables in the base non dsp tune.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Actually, thats not true. You will be most limited if you set your base to the smallest. Because dsp folders don't have as many tables and they resort to the limiting tables in the base non dsp tune.

Not true... A datalog will tell that story isnt true. The dsp 1-4 only utilize the given tables to work in yes, however, anything that is not in the dsp folder will be pulled out of the base file. So just make sure you have all your limiters in the base file where you want them so you will not be limited.

EDIT: I misread your response..i thought u were saying that it WILL limit you.. i was like ahh not another one of these!!

lol my mistake, carry on.

Last edited:

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Wow....

Low or High HP as your base tune should theoretically be irrelevant on limitations since you will tune your base tune based on needs either way. Each DSP position will only change a certain # of tables and if you want a "HOT" tune then you will make changes to your base tune required for your HOT tune irrelevant if it's your base tune or not.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Wow....

Low or High HP as your base tune should theoretically be irrelevant on limitations since you will tune your base tune based on needs either way. Each DSP position will only change a certain # of tables and if you want a "HOT" tune then you will make changes to your base tune required for your HOT tune irrelevant if it's your base tune or not.

X2...i run all my race tunes on #4...Guys switches switch 1-5 as base being hot, Ira's switches switch as #5 tune being folder 4. So also depends on who the switch was purchased from.