Question guys

Cmiller

Sep 13, 2012
Guys, just curious pros and cons if 2 trucks. I currently own a 2x4 4 door 2006 3/4 ton duramax that I love, BUT an opportunity has came up and I m looking at my dream truck 2011 1ton single wheel 4 door 4x4 with LOW miles. Just want y'all's opinions this truck has the dsp and the environmental exhaust. My truck does not. What would y'all do? Stay with ole faithful or upgrade?

Cmiller

Sep 13, 2012
Good to hear I have efi live on my truck now and love it guys in sulfur, la by the name of Cory at Calvin's put it on and it's ran flawless. I haven't done any other upgrades yet.... Put and 51 gallon auxiliary tank in my truck but that's not really an upgrade you'd say. So whole we re on the topic what could I add to my truck to give more power but keep it bullet proof? Any suggestions?

Cmiller

Sep 13, 2012
Is your trans built yet?and do you have a lift pump? If not that would be a good start

No sir, haven't gotten that far, trans seems to still be in good condition was going to put as many miles as I could then do the built trans, especially since its over $2k to get done and the lift pump I haven't done either. Doesn't that help with the de gassing my truck does now with the efi and tunning?

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Good to hear I have efi live on my truck now and love it guys in sulfur, la by the name of Cory at Calvin's put it on and it's ran flawless. I haven't done any other upgrades yet.... Put and 51 gallon auxiliary tank in my truck but that's not really an upgrade you'd say. So whole we re on the topic what could I add to my truck to give more power but keep it bullet proof? Any suggestions?

Exhaust, EGR-blocker would be the first two must-haves. Then I'd do a lift pump.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
10-4 and it would still be virtually bullet proof?

egr blocker, PCV reroute, exhaust, lift pump and a built trans and RUN IT!! once you build the trans, have calvins upgrade the tuning to really unlock the beast and the only real thing you will need to buy after that is tires cause they will be hating life :D.

BTW, there is no such thing as "bulletproof". you start playing in the power game and you need to expect things to fail/could fail. if you want as close to bulletproof as possible, leave it stock

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I went from a 07 LBZ to a 2011 LML. I agree if all you want is to go fast stay with what you have. However I know a guy that knguy who knows a guy who has all that factory exhaust crap deleted on his LML and its pretty quick however its still limited because only programer is only gonna push it so far without efi. For what its worth the LML is a great ttruck and will still move stock. I miss my LBZ when it comes to going really fast but cant beat the LML for comfort and its a newer truck

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Btw it is definitely a lot more money than $2,000 to build a trans. It's in the 4k-4.5k range

Cmiller

Sep 13, 2012
I went from a 07 LBZ to a 2011 LML. I agree if all you want is to go fast stay with what you have. However I know a guy that knguy who knows a guy who has all that factory exhaust crap deleted on his LML and its pretty quick however its still limited because only programer is only gonna push it so far without efi. For what its worth the LML is a great ttruck and will still move stock. I miss my LBZ when it comes to going really fast but cant beat the LML for comfort and its a newer truck

How do you like your 2011? Pull? Mileage? Any mods? Do you still have it all stock?