question for dually guys.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
so i recently got a really good deal on dually so i bought it. i happened to notice today that the rear tires are rubbing on the bottom. my question, is there supposed to be a spacer between the wheels? what size are the tires supposed to be? i think these are a little bigger than stock. i havent checked the tire pressure yet but i will at lunch time. any input would be great.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
What size tires are they? Stock there would be no spacer, but if its got bigger tires and they rub now, youll want a spacer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Some guys say the rubbing doesn't affect anything. I personally wouldn't run it that way, especially loaded. I have a 1/2" spacer between my 235/85/16s.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Rubbing will wear the insides and you WILL have a blow out!Dont ask me how I know that 1,Get a spacer before bad stuff happens.you will have one of these days:):mad::(:confused:

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
Some guys say the rubbing doesn't affect anything. I personally wouldn't run it that way, especially loaded. I have a 1/2" spacer between my 235/85/16s.

well i found 1 flat tire and i have 235 85 16. did you just get one of those spacers that slide on from ebay or something? thats what im thinking ill get.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Yes. I had a set of 1/4" laying around but they were not enough. With both stock steel wheels and the 1/2" spacer, the lug nuts don't grab much of the stud threads. But I keep an eye on mine and they have not de-torqued at all.