Q & A Time - Traction Bars

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Oh I understand now Brandon. And I don't like the looks of them either. Seems like something for straight line vehicles only-not something that gets driven on any highway in Canada!!

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
When the cross bolt is out they don't do anything but hang out. Stock functioning rear suspension. Like I said, the only time I run the cross bolt is at the track. 30 seconds per side to install/remove the bolt.

GRAYAREA

Who's this REDNECK TEXAN
Jun 29, 2007
The worst thing you can have for pulling is the back end solid the springs need clamps front and back and blocks that allow the truck to squat atleast 2in or run a 4link like i run

Pat i tried the 3link thing once with the back end solid and it still bounced the best thing i could figure out was it allowed the rearend to walk side to side

The old red bit$h should be home this weekend and i'll get some pics of my 4 link its very simple to rig up and cheap and adjustable

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
I have got a Fab four bumper laying in the shop, will it help out at all due to the long wheel base the cclb has already? I also read about putting weight in the truck to make it heavier. Is their any benifit with stock turbo or will the weight end up hurting the limited HP?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The coolest thing to do is to set the geometry so that torque LIFTS the back of the truck. The harder you pull, the more it lifts. Some drag cars set up this way, so it drives the tires into the ground on launch.

Not as far fetched as it might sound, some of it has to do with ring and pinion geometry. If you've ever rode an early Honda Goldwing, the pinion gear climbed the ring gear when you accelerated. This made the rear rise on hard launches.

I've seen guys set up F-Bodies this way as well.

On the Fbodies, it has something to do with the torque arm geometry.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Interesting idea for a torque arm for a Dmax, Pat.

I always wondered why nobody made a simple pinion snubber for our trucks?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well, I checked with the local ATPA rep about blocking my rear suspension-they have no rule against it so I'm good to go there. What about the front end? Does anybody do anything with their suspension in the front other than drop the torsion bars?