Proposed NADM Pro Street class?

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Great thread, thanks Pat. Bracket racing is the driver more than anything. Watch a real good bracket racer, Paul (the chainsaw) Breedlove and Michael come to mind. They are tough to beat and know their trucks very well, not a very good spectator sport unless you know the drivers but still fun and really has it place for the people who don't want to spend tons of money on their trucks. I really love heads up racing, that is why we are building two race trucks for the Prostreet and Supersteet classes as NHRDA currently has them defined. The Prostreet has a grouted block, it will have serious boost. It is not a steet legal truck, we are shooting for a 5,500 lb truck with driver. We plan to use only boost and #2. The Superstreet truck is street legal, it will be close to 6,000 lbs. I've entered it in the DP Challenge, we'll see if it gets picked. It will have NOS but only for the Dyno event if the truck is chosen.

I really don't get the 5000 lb diesel only class that NADM is running, I think Pat is correct, it is to take out a couple of really fast trucks in NADM's version of prostreet. NADM isn't going to do much out west so I guess it really doesn't bother us one way or the other.

My biggest concern is so many classes that you don't get many truck in any of them. I think that one reason that NHRDA is going to one bracket class for 09. Good luck to all of us and be safe!!

Last edited:

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
The Superstreet truck is street legal, it will be close to 6,000 lbs. I've entered it in the DP Challenge, we'll see if it gets picked. It will have NOS but only for the Dyno event if the truck is chosen.
You bought Nicks red RC right? Using twins right? You have some fast trucks out west in SS probably have to run low 11 to mid 10.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
You bought Nicks red RC right? Using twins right? You have some fast trucks out west in SS probably have to run low 11 to mid 10.

Yes, I bought Nick's red 03 single cab. Now has a fully built motor, Nathan is fabing up the twins, roll cage goes in in a couple of weeks. This one will be tuned down, hopefully in the 850 hp range. Will have a big tune and NOS for the dyno event in the DP Challenge if we are lucky enough to get picked. That will be the only time it sees the gas, and only then if it gets picked. Running a modified ATS Extreme in this one.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Bracket racing

I am a bracket racer too, my malibu wagon is a PRO class and so is our new Nova that im drivin for my dad, both are non-electronics cars, only part allowed is a trans brake and the Nova has one but the Bu is still a footbrake car. I'm not into the Super-pro and up bracket classes myself, where how well you tune your electronics matter as much as anything else. It makes for very close racing, my dads old Nova before it was turned pro-mod used to an electronics car, it took him 5 years to finally get a 1st place win! Lots of VERY close races and arunner-up or two but also alot of frustration and patience! its just not for me, kinda boring to me, even with fast cars. But to each his own. When im bracket racing, to me, im still racing myself, how well did I estimate my dial-in? my tune? So to me, sandbagging is erelevent to me, if my car and I did my job right, it doesn't matter if the guy next to me is sandbagging the crap out of me, hell i've done it too, sure its irritating to loose that way but I truely only have my self to blame!:eek: I have yet to run my truck in a class, test & tune only so far, Still excites the hell outta me!, and if i smoke the car in the other lane, sweet!, if not, oh well, still fun watching jaws drop when the crowds sees a diesel move like this! I do find heads-up the most fun! Man VS. machines, in piticular, drag radial, true street, and outlaw 10.5, pro-mod is where i get my cookies:eek::D Id rather watch wicked nasty machines black trackin the whole1/4 mile on a small tire than Top Fuel! Im crazy like that! And diesels.....even better!:rofl:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Diesel bracket racing is for guy/gals that want to race wether they have a ton of money or not. Great thing for the diesel sport as we need to get as many trucks to the track as we can.

I love heads up classes and do well in the 12.00 index class. I even won a head's up pro street event against DirtyMax:rofl:, but even at that slow 12.0 sec. ET, you don't have many trucks competing. Now break things down further and you get less and less entrys.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but bracket racing is a big part of diesel racing and the way to grow the sport.

I really think NHRDA is the best bet for us diesel racers. I think I've raced with them all, and NHRDA is far from perfect, but doing the best job out there IMHO.

Look what index racing did in the NHRA classes. I hate watching a 8 sec. car putt down the strip and let electronics take it to a 10.0 ET. BORING!!!!

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Look what index racing did in the NHRA classes. I hate watching a 8 sec. car putt down the strip and let electronics take it to a 10.0 ET. BORING!!!!

I raced Casper in the 12.00 index once and broke out because I wouldn't lift :rofl:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Diesel bracket racing is for guy/gals that want to race wether they have a ton of money or not. Great thing for the diesel sport as we need to get as many trucks to the track as we can.

I love heads up classes and do well in the 12.00 index class. I even won a head's up pro street event against DirtyMax:rofl:, but even at that slow 12.0 sec. ET, you don't have many trucks competing. Now break things down further and you get less and less entrys.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but bracket racing is a big part of diesel racing and the way to grow the sport.

I really think NHRDA is the best bet for us diesel racers. I think I've raced with them all, and NHRDA is far from perfect, but doing the best job out there IMHO.

Well said Rob!

Id sure like to see a "Diesel Day" out at our local track here, just a lack of time on my behalf, but theres eyes and ears on a mobile dyno and maybe a sled besides 1/4mile battle! We have alot of diesel trucks here in kansas aswell as alot of hotrodder background and it would be great to give the local diesels somethin to see and get involved in!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well said Rob!

X2!!

This year Castrol Raceway in Edmonton is having a bracket racing class for the diesels every time they have their street legals. Right now there is no index set. They just want to get trucks out there and into the game, and I think it's a good thing for the sport.

I really hope it picks up and we get enough trucks out everytime to keep it going. The first time they did it was at the last weekend the track was open last year and I came in second losing only too a coin toss because we got rained out:(

Lots of fun though, it gets a guy to the track at least.

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Bracket racing eliminates sand bagging-especially when your racing for money.

Wasn't there a stink on "Pinks" when a guy was sand bagging?

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
No longer a proposed class. NADM will be running it this year.

I hope Buck/Jess or Stuckey whups 'em. :D

That would be the definition of irony...
we have no plans of running the fuel only class as regulars,however we as well as team green do plan to run fuel only at a select event...