promod diesel rules

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Question...

Has anyone actually got a promod dmax running/pulling? I know alot of rumors and chit chat but no action. I know Watson was close but still hasn't happened yet right?

I would love to see one:eek:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I've only seen a few 3.0 duramax trucks (Kusilek - Cummins Killer, Ridin Dirty, Yellow Bullet's truck).

As far as I know there haven't been any hooked in the mod class. Watson's is reported to be running now but evidently not ready for pulling yet? No idea with that cat that was also building a mechanical dmax along with Watson - Jeremy Flax? Then there's rumors of Kyle Michael's truck coming back out in mod but IDK on that? And the Empire Diesel mod that's been in building stages for a couple years now as well. Then Big Striss has/was building an ODL 3.0 truck. I think it's running and pulling but IDK. Also keep hearing about one coming out of the Danville Performance camp if a certain red truck ever sells. Member Duramaxdiesel is building his 3.0 ODL truck this winter and another guy building one that bought my 06 cab.

All in all, who knows. That's a LOT of maybes there. :spit:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
:thumb: as long as nobodys giving up! I want to see a mechanical (or Nasty CR) Dmax give the rest of the promod diesels a reason to be afraid:D:rofl:

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
smokeshow when you say frame. . . what do you mean? rolling chassie? i want a body,if i do the build. . .seen a tube frame truck over on comp diesel and i like what they were doing.

o no i wont give up on it thats for sure, mite take me a wile to get everything worked out.
so far looks like the hardiest thing for me will be the front axle,dont have a jig to build the steering/paint
also thought about this,running 3 cp3's from wicked. . .just a thought heck im just not sure what i wanna do for fuel. . . . . .
as far as the motor build goes this is what i was thinkin
lly/lb7 block
custom cam from socal
ported heads/bigger valves
roller valve train
stroker crank/knife edged
crower rods
aries pistions with customs blows/compression not sure but kinda low so i can force feed it lots:D
blanced bottom end
dry sump
arp every where :thumb:
got to have a little water
filled block
and well some giveme stuff that goes along with it.
thinking about a 2 turbo set up.

just a little info that i have been thinkin about.

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
BigStriss has been pulling his 3.0 ODL for a couple years now, but he runs it with gas truck at 6200lbs!!! Runs good and is competitive.

I would really like to see Chris Watson's truck run, that thing is a work of art.

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
I agree with not buying one that is already done. You always end up going back through and re-doing half of the stuff to make it the way you want it. Especially when you are talking about the caliber of build you are looking at. I would definitely go with the SQHD rear instead of the 106.:thumb:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
When I say frame, I just mean frame with front suspension. No body, no rear, no drivetrain. Just frame, front 2wd suspension, oe fuel tank & the rear bumper. LOL

Sounds like a good platform on the engine. Looking fleece's 454 stroked Dmax might not be a bad basis either. ;)

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
If Kyle gets his truck done, id look to see him being a heavy hitter. He was always on the leading edge of big power for the duramax.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
he better bring some heavy duty chit to the table!! the mod trucks are ridiculous these days. But you are right, he was the first to do a LOT of things with a dmax so I have no doubt he'll do something new and crazy and awesome even if his internet personality used to suck when he actually got online and posted. Probably smart move for him to cut his internet time way down. :rofl: You all think Wade or Hogue are full of themselves? Shoot, Kyle could tech them a thing or two. :joker: :angel: :hug: (<-- in case, by some odd chance he reads this :spit: )

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
he better bring some heavy duty chit to the table!! the mod trucks are ridiculous these days. But you are right, he was the first to do a LOT of things with a dmax so I have no doubt he'll do something new and crazy and awesome even if his internet personality used to suck when he actually got online and posted. Probably smart move for him to cut his internet time way down. :rofl: You all think Wade or Hogue are full of themselves? Shoot, Kyle could tech them a thing or two. :joker: :angel: :hug: (<-- in case, by some odd chance he reads this :spit: )

:rofl: Yeah i agree! He was def a smart ass online, and them two have nothing on him.

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
i have a ideal late one night to run 3 cp3's all moded just got to work out how i want to tie them all in. . . . was thinkin maybe some type of fuel log or something. . .
as far as body,im going to get a four door or ex cab truck skin it out and weld it up,did this to a lot of racecars,lots of work but looks just like a stock truck with out the $$$$$
well i talked one of my friends into letting me use his bendtech pro,looks like im going to start the chassie part of it. . . .

this is what i think i will do,
stock body striped all the way down
tube chassie
with a d80 up front
f106 or rockwell out back
drop box and reverser and a crowler clutch
still up in the air on gears

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Maybe PM stackedranger on Compd. He just finished his build on the Never Let it Rest truck. Now that COTPC just changed the 3.0 rules where he had hoped, it should be a strong truck in that class.

[YOUTUBE]-1BvkUnkNUs[/YOUTUBE]

Plenty of stout trucks still running D60 fronts as well.;)