Progress on the new puller

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
s300 based charger? Is it T4 or T3? Are you worried that it may be too small?

T4 similar in size to a Sledpuller 66 or HTT I think. I don't have the exact measurements on it.

I wanted to make sure it built boost and could eliminate some issues. Yes, it is smallish for my long term goals but getting it on the track this summer is job #1.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
T4 similar in size to a Sledpuller 66 or HTT I think. I don't have the exact measurements on it.

I wanted to make sure it built boost and could eliminate some issues. Yes, it is smallish for my long term goals but getting it on the track this summer is job #1.

Good deal. I was asking because I have a s300 66/74 similar to the silverbullet and with my build being similar to yours I just never imagined I could run it. However my s300 is a T3. Best of luck, I am sure to run across your path sometime in the future out east.

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
Good to hear you got it running Ed. Guess that why I couldn't get ahold of you last night. You will have it on the track in no time. ;):D

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Good deal. I was asking because I have a s300 66/74 similar to the silverbullet and with my build being similar to yours I just never imagined I could run it. However my s300 is a T3. Best of luck, I am sure to run across your path sometime in the future out east.

It's a non gated 66/74 in a T4 housing so it's actually not too far off an S465 in flow just not as big in frame size.

He had too many variables last year and I didn't want the charger to be one of them.

Brayden

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
It's a non gated 66/74 in a T4 housing so it's actually not too far off an S465 in flow just not as big in frame size.

He had too many variables last year and I didn't want the charger to be one of them.

Brayden

Honestly and putting the past aside, I was shocked to read what he posted as I remember you busting my balls saying an BD S300 isn't a turbo that can produce very much hp. I know this isn't a BD but I guess as a whole I was suprised. That is just what my memory tells me so I am sure I messed it up some but you get the idea of what I am saying.

None the less, look forward to seeing the results.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I also had an adapter made so I could mount this turbo the same way as my old t-netics without hacking my exhaust. All i need to do is lose the adapter, change a boot and i can remount the old charger or most any other T4 that is similar.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Honestly and putting the past aside, I was shocked to read what he posted as I remember you busting my balls saying an BD S300 isn't a turbo that can produce very much hp. I know this isn't a BD but I guess as a whole I was suprised. That is just what my memory tells me so I am sure I messed it up some but you get the idea of what I am saying.

None the less, look forward to seeing the results.

It should do well. I had one on a CR Dodge last year doing 70 psi :eek: and it didn't fail... DP was over 85 lbs but it pulled very well... damn near impossible to pull it off the charger.

But really the only thing that a BD S300 and this charger share in common is the journal bearing diameter.... The S300 has plenty of options which from one end of the spectrum to the other can make the BD look like a pretty small turbo.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Not exactly the testing I wanted but still got to play a bit. Need more seat time, build boost longer, and play with the tuning. My tuning from last year had the fuel come in later. I need to get back to bring it in sooner I think and give it another try. I did get it in Low and play some as well but no video of it.

PS - don't knock the camera work. My pregnant wife did just fine from the shade of the front porch.;)

[YOUTUBE]lW0rXQKRqp8[/YOUTUBE]

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
It should do well. I had one on a CR Dodge last year doing 70 psi :eek: and it didn't fail... DP was over 85 lbs but it pulled very well... damn near impossible to pull it off the charger.

But really the only thing that a BD S300 and this charger share in common is the journal bearing diameter.... The S300 has plenty of options which from one end of the spectrum to the other can make the BD look like a pretty small turbo.

Do you use the stock compressor cover and exhaust housings and machine them out or do you get differant covers and housings? I know this turbo has a T4 but I am talking in general.