Predictions?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Nice numbers! Think the 4L80 had something to do with the high numbers? Maybe it's not consuming as much power as the alli?

I was sitting there thinking about it and between the trany and the rear diff that would account for a chunk of wasted hp! We saw 50+hp jump in Brett's truck back in the day going from the Ally to the 4R100 and a .5 sec pickup in the quarter!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Nice numbers! Think the 4L80 had something to do with the high numbers? Maybe it's not consuming as much power as the alli?

I was sitting there thinking about it and between the trany and the rear diff that would account for a chunk of wasted hp! We saw 50+hp jump in Brett's truck back in the day going from the Ally to the 4R100 and a .5 sec pickup in the quarter!
I can definitely see that being a possibility. I chose the van for a reason.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hell yeah josh!! that is great!

Now the only question is.... can you get that bastard to hook still :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yeah, only down side to it I see is the wind resistance really! Smart man indeed!:thumb:
Well, the engine trans combo wasn't really supposed to stay in the package it came wrapped in! :roflmao:
Hell yeah josh!! that is great!

Now the only question is.... can you get that bastard to hook still :D

That may be difficult, but I'm hoping the slower application of power will help it get out of the hole. It hooked pretty well on nitrous, and that was instantaneous off the line.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well, the engine trans combo wasn't really supposed to stay in the package it came wrapped in! :roflmao:

That may be difficult, but I'm hoping the slower application of power will help it get out of the hole. It hooked pretty well on nitrous, and that was instantaneous off the line.

so no sniff of the turbo in a bottle anymore? :D