PPE hid kit....WTF?

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
I ordered the 12,000k Purple HID kit from PPE a couple of weeks ago. Got them and installed them on the truck. NO issue's

After about a week of them being on the truck the one of the bulbs went from being a little purple to a royal blue and then almost white. So i called them and told them my issue. They told me to fill out the return form and send them back. So i did...about $25 in shipping.

They get them and tested them...i guess to see if i was BS-ing. They told me that there was a problem with them and had to get upgraded parts to make them work properly.

So....I get a call tonight from the guy at PPE saying they are ready to be shipped out. YAY!......not really. He then asked me how i wanted them shipped. And I told them it wasnt a heart transplant so i would be fine with ground shipping. THEN....out of no where! The guy told me since the parts are upgraded and they work better, they will cost more. But I didnt have to pay the extra cost but they want me to pay to have them shipped back to me.

Im thinking BS...anyone else?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
IMO, since they had a problem, and there are newer/upgraded parts that'll fix the issue, you shouldn't be charged for them either.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
My duel fueler kit keeps shreading the rib off belts and when i called them they pretty much told me to i was screwed to ''play'' with the bracket and figure it out myself!:mad:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
My duel fueler kit keeps shreading the rib off belts and when i called them they pretty much told me to i was screwed to ''play'' with the bracket and figure it out myself!:mad:

hmmm. You would think they would know more about "their" dual cp3 kit.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I would say they need to eat shipping. Sounds like better wording would be the new parts actually work, not work better, as your last ones didnt.

It sounds like thats quite common on their dual cp3 kit.

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
I told him that I didnt see myself paying for shipping.....then he said "I'll see what i can do" The dude has been giving me the run around for a while and he's a foreigner so that makes him Extra hard to talk to. For example....I have been calling him Greg for a while now...and he finally corrected me. It was Rick! :roflmao: Thats how bad it is to talk to him.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Because he knows HID like the back of his hand, and really hates it when people get ripped off or shit on by a seller.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
call back tomorrow and ask to speak with Dan Grant... he will take care of you, hes the only person i would deal with.

marcusrushing90

Mike L wants my body
Nov 26, 2010
With Mike L and his wife
I'm wondering if this guy is a puppet, doing what he's told. Or is he doing this on his own. Because someone in their building has to have enough common sense to know this is BS...a little. And ill talk to Dan...and hopefully he can shine light on the situation.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
x2 Dan is the only person I talk to over there. He will make it right. They ate the shop time on pulling and rebuilding a trans that we tore up so I'm sure shipping wont be an issue.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
However we did have to get the truck to them. Dude, why did it cost you $25 to ship them? Seems high, what happened to "If it fits it ships"? You may have to pay shipping.