LMM: Ppe fuel pickup

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I decided against the sump and ordered a ppe fuel pickup for my truck. I looked through to install and see you use the vent for the pickup. Is the vent a 5/8 or 1/2 quick connect? Trying to order parts. Anyone who has installed one what all did you need? I want to run 10an to the pump. All the ppe kits I have installed were on lb7s and you cut off the one fitting so the kit had everything.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I installed one in my LBZ (same as your LMM for the most part). I ordered the one you did, but the one I received was for an lb7. I’m glad because I didn’t want to jack with the tank vent because I was afraid I would have issues trying to fill the tank with a restricted vent. I ended up cutting the factory outlet out of the module and installing the bulkhead fitting in its place. I’m very happy with how it turned out.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I installed one in my LBZ (same as your LMM for the most part). I ordered the one you did, but the one I received was for an lb7. I’m glad because I didn’t want to jack with the tank vent because I was afraid I would have issues trying to fill the tank with a restricted vent. I ended up cutting the factory outlet out of the module and installing the bulkhead fitting in its place. I’m very happy with how it turned out.

I guess I could order a bulkhead fitting and do that same thing on my lmm.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland

I'm about to order parts to do this. Did you use a 90 degree bulkhead fitting? You basically did the lb7 install on the lbz by cutting the old outlet off. Guess I just need to order a 10an bulkhead fitting and some 10 an hose.

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
I just fallowed the directions for the lbz install. No problems venting but it comes with a minor inconvenience having to hold the fuel nozzle out a little bit when filling. Other wise it just fills the tank a little slower.

DuraRI

Aug 9, 2018
Rhode Island

I am using one from an LB& as well and this is what i planed to do as well.