Poor customer service

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio

I wasn't picking on you bud, like I stated in your other thread, I know where you are coming from. But there are also A LOT of variables that effect a turbo's lifespan, so just as I told my customer back then, I think Fleece offering you a good faith discount is a pretty fair compromise between what you would consider ideal and what they consider fair. I've been told a lot worse as a customer by some big companies in this industry.

well said boss

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Juddski88 nailed it. So many causes for turbo failures. As a shop I never have had any luck getting a turbo covered under warranty. Always a bs excuse. It's hard to argue a failure. The biggest reason for failures I see many people do is not priming the turbo first, not flushing new turbo feed line, to small of feed and return lines.
As for customer service. I prefer just doing general stock repairs. The Performance part is not worth the head aches it creates. Seems like the best guys for the Performance world are understaffed cause it's hard to teach the knowledge. That's why you see many of these company's grow fast then fail.

BoiseRob

Oct 12, 2007
I'd ask Mark, i'd confirm if he warranties a turbo for 2 years or more. I'm not aware of anyone that does.

I just had a Fleece 63mm Street installed and dyno'd by a friend. :thumb:

The local shop offers a 2 year warranty on new turbos which is the reason why I went with the Fleece.

Was the failed turbo a reman or new and who did the install?

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
Failed turbo was new but was a reman core when they took core returns.

I did the install.

Fleece didn’t work with me any more than offering to covering shipping for my broken turbo back.. called ups, ups said that fleece cancelled the pick up.
Called fleece again and told them, they said ups must have “lost” it.

Fleece sent me a core next day that wasn’t mine. (Factory turbo).
So I can get on with the mock up and fab of the compounds 3 weeks later.

Buying a Danville tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
Unfortunate situation man. You will be happier with the Danville charger. Which one did you go with?

Apologies for the late response! I’m trying to figure out Tapatalk instead of just using the internet website.

Eric at Danville talked me into the bmw 2.5 stage 2 for the valley.
Said it will do everything I want it too.

Atmosphere is a s476/87 1.0ar from bullseye.

-bullseye said this setup will spoil great and be good for 800-850 horse (more than I ever plan)

-Eric at Danville told me I should have went with a bigger turbine and a bigger a.r...

Live and learn I guess!
Hope it runs well

Got me regretting compounds before it’s even on there

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Apologies for the late response! I’m trying to figure out Tapatalk instead of just using the internet website.

-bullseye said this setup will spoil great and be good for 800-850 horse (more than I ever plan)

-Eric at Danville told me I should have went with a bigger turbine and a bigger a.r...

Live and learn I guess!
Hope it runs well

The turbine/ar choice is way too small for the S476 to work efficiently. Bullseye, if it were my guess, thought you wanted a single as that is a pretty good spot for it is a single.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Live and learn I guess!
Hope it runs well

if you are staying stock fuel, that setup will be phenominal in the spool up department and for towing.

if you up fueling at all, the 476 may start to fall off in the upper R's

dont feel down on this, your gunna love it

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The turbine/ar choice is way too small for the S476 to work efficiently. Bullseye, if it were my guess, thought you wanted a single as that is a pretty good spot for it is a single.

you have not played with enough twin kits on stock fuel/engine trucks

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
you have not played with enough twin kits on stock fuel/engine trucks

The only one I have experience with was a LBZ with a stroker pump/stock injectors due to his limited funds.

He brought in a kit in a box. It drove decent but fell of really really fast with a 475/87/1.10 as an atmospheric.

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
if you are staying stock fuel, that setup will be phenominal in the spool up department and for towing.

if you up fueling at all, the 476 may start to fall off in the upper R's

dont feel down on this, your gunna love it

Yes! Staying stock fuel for at least two years unless something happens...

Plan on doing trans this winter.

Leaving it that way with (hopefully) a good tune to make it fun and reliable to drive until next winter.

If I do injectors and/or a 10mm pump I would definitely fork up the additional cash to make the changes on the atmosphere side.

-as I stated earlier Eric said anything over 800-850 the atmosphere won’t handle.

-Ron (I think) at bullseye stated this set up will be efficient at 800. So they both seem accurate with each other.

I’d be happy with 650-700 fun and reliable hp.
-I guess that’s why I should have just stayed single.

We added DMAX store up pipes and manifolds and a ppei oil pan last week while waiting for a valley charger.

Wallet hurts but I hope to be loving life in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016

I called bullseye and talked to Ron over the phone and this is the direction he advised we went with before purchase.

Not looking to break records but hope to have fun and not be back on here talking about a blown bottom end in the next few months

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yes! Staying stock fuel for at least two years unless something happens...

Plan on doing trans this winter.

Leaving it that way with (hopefully) a good tune to make it fun and reliable to drive until next winter.

If I do injectors and/or a 10mm pump I would definitely fork up the additional cash to make the changes on the atmosphere side.

-as I stated earlier Eric said anything over 800-850 the atmosphere won’t handle.

-Ron (I think) at bullseye stated this set up will be efficient at 800. So they both seem accurate with each other.

I’d be happy with 650-700 fun and reliable hp.
-I guess that’s why I should have just stayed single.

We added DMAX store up pipes and manifolds and a ppei oil pan last week while waiting for a valley charger.

Wallet hurts but I hope to be loving life in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

you will be in the 600, mmmaaaayyyybeeee 650 range max on stock fueling. more than likely 550-600rwhp though.

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
you will be in the 600, mmmaaaayyyybeeee 650 range max on stock fueling. more than likely 550-600rwhp though.

That be awesome!

That with a built trans should be a fun truck.

When/if fuel happens 60-100% overs with a 10m pump will happen.

I have been advised to dyno tune with Danville at that time for best results.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
That be awesome!

That with a built trans should be a fun truck.

When/if fuel happens 60-100% overs with a 10m pump will happen.

I have been advised to dyno tune with Danville at that time for best results.

Like 1925 said you can have a very efficient , fun and reliable truck , when you go sticks and pump on stock bottom end things can go wrong quickly ! Good luck have fun without braking the bank !