Poor customer service

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
Just found out my fleece 63mm is trashed. 2 years. 6k miles.
Stock efi live tunes
Stock fuel

No compressor side boost leak.
One piece y bridge. Etc.

I had to call fleece to get any info TWICE.

But they offer me a “deal” on a new one.

If anyone has a similar charger for sale let me know.

If not I’ll have to bend over and take it from fleece Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Just found out my fleece 63mm is trashed. 2 years. 6k miles.
Stock efi live tunes
Stock fuel

No compressor side boost leak.
One piece y bridge. Etc.

I had to call fleece to get any info TWICE.

But they offer me a “deal” on a new one.

If anyone has a similar charger for sale let me know.

If not I’ll have to bend over and take it from fleece Monday.

Get a hold of Danville.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
Sadly I am hearing a lot of this lately. especially with a certain well known place local to me.:rolleyes: But thats besides the point.

A lot of it from what I see is most of these places are highly understaffed for the volume they have. And some just don't care anymore.
Every company has a different story. Its hard to decipher the truth in these cases. But sucks hearing these stories regardless.
But as long as the company makes it right with the customer, thats all the really counts and hopefully try to prevent similar issues popping up in the future.

I still sell parts here and there, But with me working multiple "jobs" it is hard to turn something around real quick.

Mods: If this isn't appropriate for this thread you can delete if need be. Not trying to get anyone mad.

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
The first turbo I bought from fleece they were extremely helpful and understanding about the time frame for core return.

I’m just unpleasantly surprised this time around how there was no discussion about it from their customer service.

Hunter was great to talk too on Thursday so that gave me hope.

But when I had to reach out to them Friday and they didn’t recall what I was even talking about it set me off with a bad taste just to find out all they are willing to do is give me a deal on a new one.

It doesn’t seem like a good deal to buy two of the same turbo in a 6k mile span.

I reached out to Danville.
Will call fleece again today.

Or I might try to find a stock lbz replacement.
-but now I’m a little uneasy about any reman or used turbo.

But I guess it’s all luck of the draw!

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
Called fleece again today.

Asked to talk to Brayden.

Was told that Brayden doesn’t have time to talk to customers.

That my new turbo price is a good deal.

There was probably nothing wrong with my truck, turbos just fail sometimes.

Asked them to please box the junk turbo up and mail it back to me.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
That's shitty man. Hopefully you get it figured out. What kind of discount did they offer you? I would definitely get something from mark. He will stand behind his stuff. Not worth saving a few bucks just for it to come back and bite you in the ass.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
That's shitty man. Hopefully you get it figured out. What kind of discount did they offer you? I would definitely get something from mark. He will stand behind his stuff. Not worth saving a few bucks just for it to come back and bite you in the ass.

I'd ask Mark, i'd confirm if he warranties a turbo for 2 years or more. I'm not aware of anyone that does.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Im just going off what i read as there isn't all the details. I seen he has had 2 fail in 2 years but wasn't sure how old the last one was. If it was honestly just a charger failure but without knowing if there is anything wrong with the truck causing them to fail. I would definitely dig deeper to see if there is an underlying problem. I do know that dans diesel sells turbos with a lifetime warranty but i personally haven't ran one.

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
What is your truck? Lbz lb7 or what?

Offered me a new 63mm cheetah for 1709.25
Truck is 2007 lbz.

I did not talk to Mark directly but I will be calling in the morning and requesting him.

Yes I was out of fleece warranty and did not expect a full refund or anything like that. But I was a little shocked at the price tag.

Especially when you tell me “there is probably nothing wrong with your truck turbos just fail sometimes.”

I understand the risk taken when doing performance modification.

Thank you for the advice in contacting mark!

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
I'd ask Mark, i'd confirm if he warranties a turbo for 2 years or more. I'm not aware of anyone that does.

I will contact mark in the morning.

You are right I have not seen any warranties that extend past that.

Thanks for the info.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
If anyone here thinks that any turbo, anywhere can last a lifetime (yours or the engine's), and therefore the manufacturer of that turbo will honor that warranty, you need a reality check... in my humble opinion.

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
If anyone here thinks that any turbo, anywhere can last a lifetime (yours or the engine's), and therefore the manufacturer of that turbo will honor that warranty, you need a reality check... in my humble opinion.

I fully understand the risk as stated above.

However, under the conditions the truck has been driven the last two years I expected something of that price to last longer than 6k miles.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I wasn't picking on you bud, like I stated in your other thread, I know where you are coming from. But there are also A LOT of variables that effect a turbo's lifespan, so just as I told my customer back then, I think Fleece offering you a good faith discount is a pretty fair compromise between what you would consider ideal and what they consider fair. I've been told a lot worse as a customer by some big companies in this industry.

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
I understand. It’s a hard pill to swallow and I need to get over it and move on.

Also concerned about the truck in general.

I could not find any type of boost leak on compressor or exhaust side.

No signs of a boost leak.

Nothing has ever got hot.

Truck isn’t raced.

It’s basically a Weekend driver that is there In case I need it.

What signs do I need to look for when installing the compounds after I get a new turbo for the valley?

snellgrove10

Feb 6, 2016
Yes it’s out of warranty. Did it fail early? Sounds like it. Are there other shops to spend your money at? Absolutely;)

I’m a way I am fortunate. I would not have looked that deep into it if I was not doing compounds at the time.

The truck always ran great with no signs of failure other than the oil leak from the area.

Yes there is always somewhere else to spend your money ha