Please tell me what I did wrong?!?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You forgot to take the purse off your shoulder before you got in the staging lane...

:roflmao:

JK buddy, I couldn't resist :)
My phone wouldn't let me see the vid
;)

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It looks like you smoked the beams while you were spooling and once it cleared you were in the pre-stage beam but you never fully staged. The reason I say that is you can see the stage bulb light just before the pre-stage bulb and then it goes right back out, but the only thing I see that could have blocked the stage beam was the smoke coming from your exhaust.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
The 2nd light lit first. Then 1st light then the 2nd light went off and 1st stayed on. I don't believe smoke was thick enough to snake the beams. I've watched it to many times

magnethead494

go fast crew chief
Dec 29, 2013
Fort Worth, Republic of Texas
you never staged. The smoke blocked the Pre-stage and stage beams but not the deep stage beams, but because autostart was not yet activated (requires any combination of 3 bulbs), you were not red-bulbed. The tree clearly shows you going from deep stage to no stage to pre-stage, you never staged.

(screenshot)

Screenshot2014-10-07at71004PM.png

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry Tark, but thats a perfect example of why a person needs to direct the exhaust upward, not out the side.

That Buick runs pretty good, doesnt it?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Never seen your truck before G.
Love the keystone ram air hood :thumb:

Maybe you should run a VGT
:angel:

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Never seen your truck before G.
Love the keystone ram air hood :thumb:

With all your research coal train You should know it's a Suncoast Hood !

Maybe you should run a VGT
:angel:

Maybe you should of tried a fixed vein ...cause all you'll ever see with a VGT is my tailgate...

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
with all your research coal train you should know it's a Suncoast hood!

Maybe you should of tried a fixed vein ...cause all you'll ever see with a VGT is my tailgate...

Oh
Well I think Keystone makes one really similar, and with all that smoke it was hard to tell
:stirthepot:

I may see your tailgate, but as long as you're running that wannabe Cummins set up and racing in the left lane, Id still stand a good chance of winning
:woott:

Have you ever thought of trying a higher stall?
:coolspot:

:hug:
(It's all in good fun fellas, Tark's my suthern brutha)

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Oh
Well I think Keystone makes one really similar, and with all that smoke it was hard to tell
:stirthepot:

A turn up pipe or a stack WILL be added before the next race!
I may see your tailgate, but as long as you're running that wannabe Cummins set up and racing in the left lane, Id still stand a good chance of winning
:woott:
Quick spool and high egt's are what I see from the magic 8-ball in your future...

Have you ever thought of trying a higher stall?
:coolspot:

that's a low blow, not my fault the NEW High stall convertor took out my new fresh built Trans a week before world finals and had to rebuild the sum beach!:(

Always fun

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
I learned a costly and valuable lesson this year. Unfortunately it was at world finals I had to learn it being this was my first time to smoke out the beams.