PJ Trailers

dieselfan

Jul 2, 2013
Ga
4wheelonline.com
I currently have 3 trucks with B&W turn over balls and have installed a couple more. I like them better than other options for the price. Maybe guys that do more fifth wheel stuff primarily will have another opinion. If you’re installing them on a 16+ duramax, they are super easy to install compared to older models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying. I just ordered a B&W turnover ball.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
2x on the B&W. Have one in mine. Only used it a few times but good and solid. It was already installed when I purchased the truck. Had to tighten all the bolts as they where loose or not torqued all the way. Been fine since.

Have to grease the ball before turning it upside down so it comes out next time as I get dirt and grit in it and sometimes gets stuck. Tapping it with a hammer helps.

Besides this it is a great hitch

timberben

Jan 8, 2012
Pj stands for piece of junk. 2013 14k 7x14 dump bought new. It needs to go to the dump. The tail gate tore completely off while spreading gravel the hinges have broke. Numerous welds have broke some of the welds are not complete. The power coat flaked off in places within the first year. The ramps get stuck under it, I had to cut the holes out larger. The warranty was worthless. When the tailgate broke the trailer was 3 months old. Pj told me I overloaded it so no warranty, it was not overloaded I had a weight ticket from the quarry 4k lbs. I will never buy anything pj again. Piece of junk.

Reactions: 1FastBrick

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Our 2014 quick tilt car hauler was great until we sold it to a friend, I still use it occasionally now. Beyond some powder coat flaking and poor wiring securement, it's been a phenomenal trailer.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Funny how this post popped up

I was looking at PJ and quality trailers and ended up getting a quality one. The Pj trailers I saw depended on where they were sitting at dealer wise on quality. They definitely aren’t all made the same it seems. Some dealers order them really cheaped out on to save money it seems.

Nothing against Pj. I bought mine based off availability solely.

LB7_01DURAMAX

Apr 11, 2019
Ohio
I have a 16 foot dump low pro 7k axles and i have had zero issues with it. bought it a couple years old. my only complain with it is that the paint on it peels off and its suppose to be powdercoat. Well they must not have let it cure enough or something. Other than that its been a good trailer.

660catman

May 18, 2021
I have a 16 foot dump low pro 7k axles and i have had zero issues with it. bought it a couple years old. my only complain with it is that the paint on it peels off and its suppose to be powdercoat. Well they must not have let it cure enough or something. Other than that its been a good trailer.

I have yet to see any brand of trailer that is painted or powder coated look good after two years in my area. I bought a cargo trailer, not a PJ, with a Dexter axle that looked like after one winter. I removed it and repainted it. I added brakes while I was at it.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
im about to embark on a full trailer rebuild and uprate on my current flatbed trailer. its a 20ft double axle 7k trailer that ive got 5200lbs axles/springs/shackles/ubolts/brakes to put under it, new 6 lug wheels, a whole bunch of 3x3 .120 wall tubing, new tongue for the front, new deck boards, screws, tail lights, 7 pin plug and jacks (one on the front and 2 for the back).

im all of 2.5k into that on a trailer i paid 1k for about 5 years ago. Cant touch a 10k trailer for that much and after i frame in the trailer with that tubing, it should be more than strong enough for 10k. i just dont trust these trailer builders, ive seen them cut a shitload of corners to get trailers out and id be pissed if i paid 7-10k for a trailer that was flaking powdercoat, cracked welds or gave me issues.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
im about to embark on a full trailer rebuild and uprate on my current flatbed trailer. its a 20ft double axle 7k trailer that ive got 5200lbs axles/springs/shackles/ubolts/brakes to put under it, new 6 lug wheels, a whole bunch of 3x3 .120 wall tubing, new tongue for the front, new deck boards, screws, tail lights, 7 pin plug and jacks (one on the front and 2 for the back).

im all of 2.5k into that on a trailer i paid 1k for about 5 years ago. Cant touch a 10k trailer for that much and after i frame in the trailer with that tubing, it should be more than strong enough for 10k. i just dont trust these trailer builders, ive seen them cut a shitload of corners to get trailers out and id be pissed if i paid 7-10k for a trailer that was flaking powdercoat, cracked welds or gave me issues.

Make sure to post it up.

Dean E

Mar 30, 2022
Blair, NE
Powder coat like anything else does not last long if the metal is not properly cleaned and prepped. Truth be told I don't see most trailers being prepped at all before being powder coated or painted. If powder coating is an option on ordering a trailer I would always stick with the base black paint. Dean

Reactions: 2004LB7