Pix request, show me your steps

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Like the title asks guys, I'm wanting to see the different side steps you have on your trucks. Stock height, lifted, chrome, black, pink, whatever! I don't care, just post them up.

I'm torn between a few different styles, so whore up my thread with pics and help a brotha out. :angel:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
N-Fabs.... a decent step but they're a pain in the ass to install.

Attachments

• SD may '12.jpg
    SD may '12.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 115

ChevyTruck

Boats an Hoes!
Oct 19, 2011
Newark, De
Mine are GM, came with the truck.
05046671.jpg

If I would buy a set I would get the N-Fab hands down or if I could see spending the money I'd get the power steps.

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
Ah, power steps. Those are not an option for me, the AK environment (snow, ice, sand, and salt) kills them. Even the OEM power steps don't live long up here.

Let's see some more pics guys, thanks!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm not sure if you're putting the steps on for ease of entry or for looks or a combination, but here's my opinion. I get in and out of a lot of trucks with a lot of different steps on them. My favorite steps are the Cattleman HD Running Boards or the Amp Research Power Step. Both provide a very large easy to use step.

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I'm not sure if you're putting the steps on for ease of entry or for looks or a combination, but here's my opinion. I get in and out of a lot of trucks with a lot of different steps on them. My favorite steps are the Cattleman HD Running Boards or the Amp Research Power Step. Both provide a very large easy to use step.

This truck isn't lifted, but I'm short. The wife & I both have to hop up into it, which is quite a change from my lowered 1500. Her Yukon has a lift & level kit on it, and with the factory running boards, it's easy to get in & out. We've decided that we want steps on the D-max now.

I was going to get the factory style chrome tube steps, I think the look pretty good. But then I saw a pic of the ones like whitetrash posted up, and it got me to thinking that maybe there are better looking options out there.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
This is one of the styles I'm considering for my truck. What made them a PITA? How are they mounted?

Oh, and thanks for the pic! :hug:

They mount to the body.... mainly the pinch weld... they also have arms welded to the step that keep it from leveraging back when loaded by pushing up against the cab bottom.

You'll have to drill the pinch weld in a couple spots..... helps to have another person helping hold the step while you lay it out.

The mounting seemed cheesy to me, but once they were on, they were rock solid. No flex or bending, and I'm a little north of 300lbs :D