LB7: Pistons ?

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
You can't put a HP number on the piston failures. There are guys running over 600 hp with no problems, and there are guys cracking them at 500 hp. I had cut LBZs in my rebuild and they ran over 700 hp without a problem, but they were only in for about 4500 miles.

kinda like theres guys over 700hp not bending rods and guys like me under 600 who are bending them

Gasuout

Johnny
Mar 20, 2008
Santa Ana , Ca.
BTW, after pulling the motor I did find all 8 LBZ rods were bent a little bit :D

Not suprised ..... hahahaha :rofl:

We'll see how well the lbz rods hold up in this motor in mine now . :D

Still kicking myself for not waiting and saving more $$ for some carillos .

Needed motor back in truck and running . You kind of tell yourself ... I'll be fine , I wont lean on this motor . Then your back at it leaning on it and picturing your weak rods in there .

I didnt bend the LLY rods , so we'll see how the LBZ rods hold up till a new motor comes together . I have a block and lly heads already , just need to get to it and build another one . Would like to have a real complete bad boy on the engine stand waiting to go in .

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Also whether you want a thermostatic oil filter adapter or a plain adapter you need to know that the nipple for the oil filter is 20mm x 1.5 thread and the o-ring seating area is 3.5" diameter.

Correction it is a 13/16 x 16 thread and the remote oil filter mount I bought will accept a Duramax filter. I ran a PPE race valve (20mm x 1.5 pitch) I had sitting around into my old engine adapter and it fit so they may interchange but after some research I found that it is actually 13/16 x 16 and verified that the old engine adapter would thread onto my new remote filter mount.

Didn't want to mislead anyone.