pilot injection

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Iwith my injectors, I turn my pilot off above 2000 an below 80mm3 to cut down on cylinder press, plus the bigger injectors don't know the extra fuel from the pilot,, Or that's the way I understand it...:D:D

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I'm thinking of turning it completely off but wondering if it will idle loud.

Turning it completely off will require some drastic changes to the main timing tables in order for it to run. A diesel without pilot will run between 4-12 degrees of timing at idle depending on what pump it's running. A diesel with pilot will run anywhere from 4 after top dead to 0 at idle due to the pilot injection combusting before the main injection. Basically if turned it off, you would sound like a 7.3L powerstroke by the time you got enough timing to it to keep it running and to not pour white smoke out at idle.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Turning it completely off will require some drastic changes to the main timing tables in order for it to run. A diesel without pilot will run between 4-12 degrees of timing at idle depending on what pump it's running. A diesel with pilot will run anywhere from 4 after top dead to 0 at idle due to the pilot injection combusting before the main injection. Basically if turned it off, you would sound like a 7.3L powerstroke by the time you got enough timing to it to keep it running and to not pour white smoke out at idle.

thanks that is what i was looking for.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I had an awful amount of rattle above 2k after my injectors , that's where mine was set to stop the pilot inj. at.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
i tried turning mine off for giggles and it sounded like a 7.3 but not quite as bad, i actually kinda liked the sound..but the haze i didn't like

if anyone wants to load a stock tune -pilot with timing corrections i would like to see it :)

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

x2 great answer

all I can add is take it out at 80. Mm3 from 2000
if. Want lower add timing but this won't help IMO

my tunes dont add any pilot above 2000 and I also alter pilot inj timing

Last edited: