Pay pal

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Well a update (if you care) Got three emails this morning saying that the money was in my account. I looked on my account and no money. I went back and looked and the emails said i had to transfer $1000 via western union to this guy before the money would hit my pay pal account. 1st off the bike is located in San Antonio Tx and the guy was going to pick up the bike at 6 tonight and pick up the money tonight in oklahoma after he got the bike. Things werent sounding right in my head so i called paypal and they said the emails were bogus and not from them. (paypals emails are from service paypal these were from paypal service.) Luckly i caught it before I sent the money. the thing that irritates me the most is that the guy used the im in the military and just got off deployment and yada yada yada. Me being in the military my entire adult life fall for it. I sent the guy a email (not so nice) basically saying come on over lets talk but i know these people will never show. Worst part is the lady at paypal said that they have already told 100+ people that they cant helpo them cause they sent the money. These people are taking people for thousands of dollars. I hate people like this. Had it been my dad he would have fell for it cause he needs the cash to pick up a truck cause he is now taking care of my Grandma and her chair doesnt fit in the aveo.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
As soon as I read "Western Union" it threw a red flag up to me. If paypal has an issue they will call you, Ive gotten a few paypal emails that are bogus.

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
Glad you didn't get sucked into the scam. western union is a big one that has taken money from my friends family. had you talked to him over the phone?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Glad you didn't get sucked into the scam. western union is a big one that has taken money from my friends family. had you talked to him over the phone?

No when I asked him to call he used the I'm in the military and in the field right now so I can ony email

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Its a total scam dont do it,i know a dumbass that shipped a motorcycle to south africa and he paid for the shipping and the money order that was sent was bogus

Do you know that osama had teams of compu geeks and thats all they did all day long is do scams like that and they would go as far as to call homes and ask to give to the state police benifits and help the starving children and so on and so on you cant believe anyone that calls these days cash is king and you have to wonder about that also

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Its a total scam dont do it,i know a dumbass that shipped a motorcycle to south africa and he paid for the shipping and the money order that was sent was bogus

Do you know that osama had teams of compu geeks and thats all they did all day long is do scams like that and they would go as far as to call homes and ask to give to the state police benifits and help the starving children and so on and so on you cant believe anyone that calls these days cash is king and you have to wonder about that also

Definaty not gonna do it just want him to come to the house and meet mossberg

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
I got the same im in the military i can only email shit before when I sold my bike like you it was an instant red flag for me. Just wonder how many actually get sucked into these scams.. Always stay away from anything involving western union.

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Glad to see you didnt fall for it. Sounds like your instincts paid off. I cant tell you how many "I am deployed" scams i have seen. If someone will not talk to you on the phone & refuses to meet in person walk away!

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
People who use that I'm in the military thing or I'm deployed for the wrong reason really make me mad

I hear ya brother, one of the worst ones I have seen was a guy was selling a mini excavator, when I emailed him he had informed me it had belonged to his son who had beem KIA, and he needed to sell it, blah blah blah, it turned out all to be a crock. Boy was I pissed not cause there was no mini excavator but the lengths this guy had gone thru and the nerve he would use such a tactic to scam people out of money. A real POS!!!!

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I hear ya brother, one of the worst ones I have seen was a guy was selling a mini excavator, when I emailed him he had informed me it had belonged to his son who had beem KIA, and he needed to sell it, blah blah blah, it turned out all to be a crock. Boy was I pissed not cause there was no mini excavator but the lengths this guy had gone thru and the nerve he would use such a tactic to scam people out of money. A real POS!!!!

People just know what make people feel bad. People who use that falsely should be shot.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
old saying,,if its to good to be true.I see scam adds every time I go on CL.