Parking Brake light stays on

Feb 14, 2009
Also Check your Powersteering fluid.

But I would make sure that the pedal is adjusted properly, it could be sitting just south of all the way up and still pushing on the button that causes the indicator to come on.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
seeing as its lit dimly, I think there is a cluster problem.

All of the indicators on the IPC are turned on and off with a data signal...the cluster either gets a signal to turn the indicator ON or it doesnt. A mis-adjusted switch would make it blink on and off, not turn on dimly.....make sense?

ben

Buccanoles

Aug 14, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I checked the brake and power steering levels, they are good. It may be a cluster problem. A few weeks ago when I started the truck it flashed a ABS warning/ check brakes on the DIC but went away and hasnt done it since... Guess I'll make an appointment to get raped.

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Hey KrazyKid, I dont even remember what I did to fix it.... wish I could help more.

Thanks, I look today for any codes that might be set, I will also reflash the ECM with my to tune to see if that makes a difference. If you happen to remember you resolution please post it. Thanks again.

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Thanks, I look today for any codes that might be set, I will also reflash the ECM with my to tune to see if that makes a difference. If you happen to remember you resolution please post it. Thanks again.

Just as an update........the half lit parking lit has not come back in the last two or three days.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Your parking brake pads are in the inner drum of the rotor, icr, but i think there might be a sensor back there to let you know when the pads are worn past the reliable service life, dont quote me on the sensor thing, but the e brake pads are seperate from your disc brake pads, if you didnt know, im not trying to be a condescending ass.

Try replacing them, the e brake pads all to often get overlooked or completely forgotten during a brake job, even by professionals.

But, as ben had suggested, it could be a cluster issue, its a pretty common problem

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
Your parking brake pads are in the inner drum of the rotor, icr, but i think there might be a sensor back there to let you know when the pads are worn past the reliable service life, dont quote me on the sensor thing, but the e brake pads are seperate from your disc brake pads, if you didnt know, im not trying to be a condescending ass.

Try replacing them, the e brake pads all to often get overlooked or completely forgotten during a brake job, even by professionals.

But, as ben had suggested, it could be a cluster issue, its a pretty common problem

Thanks I will try to get the e brakes/pads replaced as I know for a fact that I have never served them in the 130k+ miles I've owned the truck.