P0708 Code

LMMGroceryGetter

Dec 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Mike,
I sent you a couple of PMs, not sure if you received them or not. But any way's I just had some supports done on my 09 Dmax, Cognito front end supports and a system that pulls a lot juice. After getting my truck back it started throwing a P0708 code, would stay in what ever gear it was in & show service stabiltrak on the dash. I would pull over and clear the code with my autocal then it would drive just fine for a little while and do it again. I googled that code up came a thread you posted to back in 2010, saying it was the NSBU switch. But today I get up, go to the store and when I get back it goes into LIMP MODE, wont move at all, wont go into gear, couldn't pull any codes with autocal. Its a built Gmax 6 with 20k miles on it, never been down the track. I'm completely speechless, confused and more confused. Its not a kit, Suncoast built the trans and sent it to me. Please help

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
A minute of googling says that if you replace the NSBU and it still throws the code, your ignition switch is shot. They are supposed to be cheap/easy, might want to replace it too.

Purely out of curiosity (and not necessarily related), does your key have any weight on it (things besides the remote, such as a house key)?

LMMGroceryGetter

Dec 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
At the time all this was going on, it was just a key. That's what I left with the mechanic and I hadn't put back on my key chain yet. But normally there are several keys on the key chain, yes it has a little weight, not much. I googled it as well last night and read the same thing about the ignition switch. But would that cause you to go in Limp Mode??

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If the NSBU is not getting power (correctly), the trans can and will do all sorts of strange things.

Maybe Mike will chime in with specific experience, but without anything else obvious to go on, the ignition switch is my only suggestion.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Internal mode switch could be bad. That is the NSBU switch inside the trans pan. You either have no signal at the switch or a short to ground at one of the wires.

LMMGroceryGetter

Dec 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Internal mode switch could be bad. That is the NSBU switch inside the trans pan. You either have no signal at the switch or a short to ground at one of the wires.

Mike, we changed NSBU switch and wiring harness. Trans fluid was found in the plug. Still didn't work. It drove fine for a couple of days, then the code came back and said Service Stabiltrack. Any Ideas??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike, we changed NSBU switch and wiring harness. Trans fluid was found in the plug. Still didn't work. It drove fine for a couple of days, then the code came back and said Service Stabiltrack. Any Ideas??

You need a Tech 2 to check the chassis module and body module for codes.