He is the original owner
Crew cab
6" bds lift with quad eldbrok shocks
35" Tera grapplers
17" micky Thompson wheels
4"exaust
Front and rear polished aluminum diff overs
And probably more

I have seen the truck in person years ago and it isSPOTLESS it litterly could be in a car show he has it at his cabin for his cruiser never seen salt stored indoors with car over on it when not driven

Can I get some pros and cons I have no information about this ford other than. That my lbz blows it away stock for stock for performance numbers go
I love my dmax but it has its flaws and those do bug me I could get them fixed but it will cost be about 4,000 and that's down the road and my max has 160,000 right now not worried about that but 60,000 is a new dang truck
Then it makes me wonder what's going go wrong that it haven't hardly been driven 60,000 is about 3,500 miles a year for the past 17 years

Well let's hear some responses

roxyfever

Feb 11, 2016
terrell tx
I'd keep the max. My dad had a 7.3. It was great but had no balls at all even with 4.10 gears. They are extremely loud compared to the lbz. That's just me. 160k isn't much on your truck. That 7.3 is at least 14 years old

Lbzmaxx

Jun 16, 2016
Michigan
Yes that was my concern is the power I'm afraid I get in that it would like be going back to my gmc 6.0 gasser. The ford is 4.56 gearing also

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I thought in short, one could put a good turbo on it, do some fueling upgrades and have a nice strong engine. Is it more then that?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I thought in short, one could put a good turbo on it, do some fueling upgrades and have a nice strong engine. Is it more then that?

it would MAYBE make it about as fast as a stock dmax and then you still have to build the trans to make it hold power. the trans in them sucks in stock form.

i never saw the hype in the 7.3 fords. front ball joints suck, stock lock out hubs suck, ride like a brick shit house, gutless, noisy, and hate the looks. the ONLY thing they have going for them is the reliability of the engine, like the cummins basically. everything else around them is old and out dated

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
They start like shit in the winter, I like 7.3s but they're pretty gutless. Nostalgic value I guess.

dunnc1991

May 27, 2015
Winchester, VA
I had a 7.3, only diesel I've owned that I couldn't get to start in the cold. Even with good glow pluds, they're still a pain to start if not plugged in when it's cold. They can be really reliable, but I couldn't see getting rid of my LBZ to go back to one.

LbZzF6RCLB

Feb 4, 2015
Butler Pa
You want to possibly own a 7.3 do ya. Front and rear main seals love to go bad on them. Changed both of them many of times on my own 7.3s, and others. It's not like you can get away with putting oil in it every other month or even week. When they leak, they pour. From the end parts are garbage. Jinx , I owe you a beer. When one goes to replace injectors, and you will. He better hope the valve cover gaskets arent blown out cause if they are ,they cost about half of what new injectors cost. Since he's putting injectors in , he might as well upgrade them so that requires tuning. So that's when your trans takes a dump. Ats probably has the one of the best trans for a mild street powerstroke and it cost 5 grand. And if you know anything about purple, you don't buy it. Ya i got a powerstroke. But i dont drive it over 55 mph cause I know the consequences. The lbz is probably the best riding duramax I'll ever put my ass into. IMO. Lbz are good for 300 thousand miles with the proper maintenance but so are the 7.3s ! Honestly, I can't think of one thing that capitalizes anything on the duramax other than the side post battery's. Boy they pissed me off sometimes lol If you get it that's sweet, but don't plan on going fast. And if one does try to go fast it's going to be an absolute pig on fuel. I've never had a problem with starting cold.

Lbzmaxx

Jun 16, 2016
Michigan
Well think we can consider this three answerd lol keeping the LBZ for sure thanks for all your advice exactly what I wanted to hear :thumb::thumb::thumb: