Opinions on trailblazers/envoy's please!

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
I am looking at getting the wife a trailblazer/envoy. Who that has one or has had one what are your opinions on them? I'm sure I want a v8 rig but just seeing if there's bad with the good. I'm looking 07 or newer with 50ish k miles. I love the look of the SS but not crazy about the AWD or the fuel economy. Thanks

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Buddies soccer mom 6.0L run's 12.20's :happy2:

I would stay away from the inline's, I have heard they have oil pump and cam issues, moreso than the V8's.

The inline 6 of the trailblazer is just a step up from the inline 5 in my Colorado since they ar ein the same family, and Ive had a few issues myself. I am not sure if the inline 6's suffer from the intake valve seat issue the I5's do, but its somthing to look into. Ive had 2 heads on my Colorado, replaced uner warrenty with less than 70k miles. :thumb:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
We did headers, catted Y and some sort of catback with a shift kit on my friends SS. Runs a low 13.

He got brave and tried towing his 4th gen behind it... said it got up to speed easy just wasn't so fun stopping. :woott:

Otherwise, the AWD ones get lousy mileage, ~15mpg with premium gas, but, their a damn nice little truck. Scamper quick off the line too. :thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
There a little cheap feeling on the inside... But boy is that LS2 fun. It gets decent mileage out on the road 17-18 ish if your real nice to them. Electrical kinda sucks, dash lights, heater control lights, steering wheel lights, hvac control module all took a dump but was under warranty.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
My girlfriend had an 06 ss when they first came out, 40k problem free miles with the best mileage being around 13mpg, didnt matter if it was highway or streets , 13mpg.. It did go thru a set brakes at about 18k mi, all four rotors were shot and she is not hard on brakes at all, her 2001 tahoe went 88k mi lifted on 35s and still had plenty of pad life left on the factory pads when i traded it in.

Last edited:

duranut03

Dec 20, 2010
North Carolina
I've got an 02 inline six. I know this is not what you are looking for but this car has 148,000 on it and stills looks an runs great. I have been wanting to trade for a terverse but the dang thing is just to good to give away for nothing. Never spent a dime on repairs. Just hard to give it up.

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
My wife drives an 03 with the I6. 147k miles and one cooling fan and water pump only. The I6 doesn't get much better mileage then the V8.

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
My girlfriend had an 06 ss when they first came out, 40k problem free miles with the best mileage being around 13mpg, didnt matter if it was highway or streets , 13mpg.. It did go thru a set brakes at about 18k mi, all four rotors were shot and she is not hard on brakes at all, her 2001 tahoe went 88k mi lifted on 35s and still had plenty of pad life left on the factory pads when i traded it in.

Drove the Alcan highway from Idaho, 17-18 ish average. Wife drove not me, it doesn't get that when I drive it:D Maybe your girlfriend has a heavy right foot?

Brakes and rotors are in need of replacement now, 76,000 miles.

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Found an 08 with 50k 5.3 lt loaded sunroof, navi, DVD on eBay dealer in IL. Don't know the price but its a good lookin truck. Thinkin about calling Monday to find out how much they want for it. Thanks for the input fellas.