On the Tire Front, need new tires what's the best

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
:rofl: That $250 I send you a while back would have upgraded ya to Toyo's :D.

STFU, I like my homie wheels...And I couldn't afford Toyo's so there...:rofl: My supplier get's sweet deals on Nitto's and Not on Toyo's, for some odd reason, but hey, I saved almost 250 dollars going this route. That's like 6 tanks of fuel for me...

And I did have toyo's on my last truck and they lasted exaclty the same mileage.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I have runs Nitto TG's, 2 sets of Bfg AT's, STS's, and uniroyal laredo:rofl:, by far the best have been my Bfg's but the longest lasting were the lareado's....I could not kill those tires, they were on the truck when I bought it and they were old and hard and I did so many burnouts but could kill them I ended up gving them to a buddy and he still runs them :eek:

By the way I didnt like the TG's they didnt last long at all on my truck. I say get some toyo MT's, by far my favorite tire

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Nittos are for guys who can't afford Toyo's :rofl:. Ditch those homie wheels too :rofl:. Just giving ya crap Chad. Lets see some pic's when ya get them on.
My dad runs Toyo A/T's and got 55K out of the last set. Toyo M/T's suck though.

I dont get it??? I pay the same for toyos as I do nittos, only I have to run to colorado to get them, and I like the nittos look better :D

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I think Im going to buy another set for the summer time, either Dune Grapplers or Mickey Thompson ATZs for a change. I want 305/65/17s so their an inch wider than what I have(285s look skinny to me)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Im on my second set of terra grapplers, and the second set probably only has a couple thousand miles left on them.

I love them. Cheap, quiet, great in snow, and IMO look cool, especially being "just" an AT tire.

No, they dont last long. I probably got a little over 20k on my first set, and no I dont do burnouts, honestly. Tires are too expensive to be wasting them like that. The only other thing I dont like is, at least on my truck, they feel REALLY squirmy and weird under acceleration for the first 350 miles or so. My first set, I almost sent them back because it was so uneasy feeling. Then all of a sudden it went away and they felt great from then on.

ben

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I am also running the Terra Grapplers. They seem to be very good on icy roads, I haven't had them in any deep snow yet though. I am running 265/75R-16 E Load. The only issue I am having is a violent shake at speeds over 80 mph, but I think it's the balancing beads, so I will go back to regular weights and see what happens.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not the quitest tire, but for wear, traction, and durability, the best tire of have seen around my country is the Cooper Discoverer ST. It's an all terrain tire. I have a few buddies running oilfield lease roads and TONS of gravel (anyone in Alberta that works oilfield knows what the 2 Lakes road is like:eek:) and 60-70 000 km a set and they are barely 50% worn, no flats.

Just need to rotate them every 5000 miles religiously though!!