On the Tire Front, need new tires what's the best

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Needing opinions on new tires, need 305/55R20 load Range E tires. I am currently running Nitto TerraGrapplers and they have almost 40k on them. I like these tires, quiet, wear well, got good 60' times with them and carried a load well. And 40K out of any tire that get used the way these did is a miracle:angel: Just needing opinions on what you guys think, should I stay with these ones (chepaest tire in that size) or switch to Toyo At's, BFG AT's or ???

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I liked my toyo ats where very quiet and handled very well. also did great in the snow and ice. I would ether go with those or stick with what ya got. :)

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
I liked my toyo ats where very quiet and handled very well. also did great in the snow and ice. I would ether go with those or stick with what ya got. :)

There is only 30 bucks difference between Toyo and Nitto so it's not a big deal, I had them on my old 03 on 37" size and they wore out in 40K to. They did do great in snow and ice, and I haven't had the Nitto's in any so I have no idea how they perform in those conditions.

Any body have in input on snow/ice conditions with the Nittos?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Im on my second set of Terra Grapplers, I do alot of offroading in the winter during hunting season. Never been stuck in mud or snow.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Picked up another set of Nitto TerraGrapplers. It's amazing how quiet these things are when they are new... Lots more traction too.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Nittos are for guys who can't afford Toyo's :rofl:. Ditch those homie wheels too :rofl:. Just giving ya crap Chad. Lets see some pic's when ya get them on.
My dad runs Toyo A/T's and got 55K out of the last set. Toyo M/T's suck though.

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Nittos are for guys who can't afford Toyo's :rofl:. Ditch those homie wheels too :rofl:. Just giving ya crap Chad. Lets see some pic's when ya get them on.
My dad runs Toyo A/T's and got 55K out of the last set. Toyo M/T's suck though.

STFU, I like my homie wheels...And I couldn't afford Toyo's so there...:rofl: My supplier get's sweet deals on Nitto's and Not on Toyo's, for some odd reason, but hey, I saved almost 250 dollars going this route. That's like 6 tanks of fuel for me...

And I did have toyo's on my last truck and they lasted exaclty the same mileage.

Oilfield_Mafia

Im the ONLY Okie..
Jun 8, 2008
Worlds Highest Hill
Chad, I run 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers on the exact same wheels as you.. Im on set #7 @ 43,000 miles now.. My first 3 sets didnt make it over 4,000 miles.. two sets of Cooper Zeons and a set of Falkens that were on it.. I love the Nittos.. we just got ice/sleet here the last 2 days and these have done great.. I picked up two new back ones yesterday for $252 a tire in OK City.. E range..

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
Chad, I run 305/55/20 Terra Grapplers on the exact same wheels as you.. Im on set #7 @ 43,000 miles now.. My first 3 sets didnt make it over 4,000 miles.. two sets of Cooper Zeons and a set of Falkens that were on it.. I love the Nittos.. we just got ice/sleet here the last 2 days and these have done great.. I picked up two new back ones yesterday for $252 a tire in OK City.. E range..

Dude, you need to slow down:rofl: I raced, did burn outs, towed for about 10,000 miles and went off road a bit and got 41K out of mine. My wife would kill me If I wore a set of tires out every 4K miles...:baby: