? on PPE boost valve for lb7

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
PPE level 2 to be safe.

Watch it in 5th gear even at that, overdrive lockout will be your best friend.

As far as a boost valve.....I am not running one and I see about 26psi out of my current tune. 0-20psi jumps quick so I don't think I need anymore boost.....yet.
I thought of something like that, but that much boost with my current tune would upset the Alli. I did look into a valve of some sort, and you can get a 1/4" brass airline valve, put two ends on it to go into the boost line, and have an adjustable valve. Cost is probably a bit cheaper + a little time.

This is just my $.02, but gauges would be my first mod before messing with the boost or tuning.

Last edited:

uwyo_dmax

Sep 17, 2008
Laramie WY
sorry to hijack :eek: but quick question...where does the boost reading on EFIlive come from ? And is the calculated actual boost what you would see with a boost gauge?

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I could be wrong on this, please correct me if so, but the boost reading via EFI is read with 14.(?)psi @ idle based on a barometric reading. So the EFI reading is 14.(?) higher than what a boost gauge would read. At least that is the way I understand it.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
PPE on level 10 with vice grips, only got me to about 30psi. They seemed to help spoolup a ton, I could make the boost gauge do what ever I wanted just by playing with the pedal.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
I could be wrong on this, please correct me if so, but the boost reading via EFI is read with 14.(?)psi @ idle based on a barometric reading. So the EFI reading is 14.(?) higher than what a boost gauge would read. At least that is the way I understand it.
yup... the pressure in can change so what ever your base idle psi is just subtract that but iirc the gauge will max out at like 39 psi or something like that but that is with the baro pressure too