On / Off Again CP3 Leak

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
Looking for some insight fellas.

So I swapped my stock CP4 with a Fleece Power flow 750 CP3, had an immediate leak at the fitting for the low pressure line. Got that sorted and was good to go, doesn't leak anymore. Made a 2000 km trip in -30 degree Celsius weather and I could smell fuel again. Low and behold fuel in the valley, again...

We took a borescope to the valley, confirmed the low pressure line fitting isn't leaking but there was no sign of any other leaks. Ambient temp is -15 at this time (significantly warmer). So I washed out the valley while it was warm to see if fuel would pool up again, but now it's dry as a bone. this has me baffled because I thought there may have been a freeze plug issue but :dontknow:

Any insight, thoughts, opinions or recommendations would be great.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
High pressure lines can leak only at high pressure. If you unplug the regulator the CP3 will go to max pressure. If the HP line/fitting is leaking you should see it then. Be extremely careful while looking for the leak, I believe the LML is 28,000 psi at max...

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
High pressure lines can leak only at high pressure. If you unplug the regulator the CP3 will go to max pressure. If the HP line/fitting is leaking you should see it then. Be extremely careful while looking for the leak, I believe the LML is 28,000 psi at max...

Yes, be extremely careful. I think it's more like 30,000 but anything near this level can be very hazardous to your well being...

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA

We tried that, it didn't do anything other than give a warning on the dic (engine reduced power, or something similar) and throw a code. Is there something on the LML that would stop IP from going max rail?

And does anyone know how to edit the title of the thread? It should read CP3 instead of CA, auto correct got me.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
We tried that, it didn't do anything other than give a warning on the dic (engine reduced power, or something similar) and throw a code. Is there something on the LML that would stop IP from going max rail?

And does anyone know how to edit the title of the thread? It should read CP3 instead of CA, auto correct got me.

It should of still gone to full rail pressure. The DIC and reduced power was because the regulator was unplugged.

If you still can't find the leak that way. You can use some florescent dye in the fuel and use a Black Light to find the leak.
http://www.sears.com/mastercool-uv-dye-light-kit/p-00915087000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid=00915087000&kispla=00915087000P&kpid=00915087000&mktRedirect=y

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
Well I've been home this past week and not a single leak up until today... It was fairly cold and didn't have it plugged in, but low and behold fuel in the valley after a cold start.

I've been checking in there throughout the week especially after some wot runs to see if fuel would only leak at high rail pressure. But no leaks up until this morning after a cold start.

No clue what to make of it.

exian88

Mar 25, 2016
Sorry to bring back the oils thread. I am having the same issue. How did you end up fixing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk