Old lb7 towing fifth wheel toy haulerI have 01 lb7 with 360,000 on it. I bought it in 2003. It is stock, and I have maintained well. Recently I replac

Mecenas1

Nov 12, 2019
I have 01 lb7 with 360,000 on it. I bought it in 2003. It is stock, and I have maintained well. Recently I replaced front suspension, all schocks, and steering gear box with red head. The truck has never drive so well. I'm on the second set of injectors
It looks like I'm ready for the next set. No other problems. The head gasket seems fine, and the truck has still power.
I'm getting older and want to travel with my toys, motocyklr, kayaks, bicycles, etc. I'm contemplating getting small fifth wheel toy hauler.
My questions: should I spend more money on injectors and getting this truck ready to tow or look for good shape lbz. Don't want to spend more money on newer truck with all emission stuff.
Should I worry about my old lb7 head gasket, transmission and something else considering the mileage.
What say you?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I say keep it and replace the injectors with SAC injectors when you do. You may also want to replace the CP3 with that many miles on it while you are in there doing injectors.

I would only worry about the transmission once it starts slipping then you can get it rebuilt. But don't forget the regular maintenance on it too

If your head gaskets are holding then let it be.

You will be far ahead on cost keeping the LB7

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I would sell it for a motorhome or keep what you have and fix it up. LBZ is no where near what Facebook makes it out to be