LB7: OK Guys/Gals,What is the most HP you got out of your Stock turbo stock injectors

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
congrats matt! I'd be happy with them numbers! Im sending My trans out prob this week first And then i can hit the rollers and see what she can do! Crossing my fingers:woott:

Thanks! I love pushing the shit out of stock chargers. When my LLY engine is done you can bet your ass a box stock LLY charger is getting bolted on ;)

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
HP and TQ numbers don't mean as much as some people think.

To be fair to all, no two dyno's read the same and no two days will yield the same results due to atmospheric conditions, air quality, etc.

That being said you can tune for a peaky number for bragging rights or for a good across the curve average of HP/TQ.

The chances of a peaky tune beating a solid producing tune are slim to none, So if you spent lots and lots of time on dyno's over the years and have more time in a truck seat then most, I can tell you that the average higher HP/TQ tune with the best shifting will walk away from most other tunes out there.

If all you want is bragging rights then get a dyno operator to fudge the correction factor and do 5th gear pulls and you can be top dog.

:roflmao:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
When it comes to EGT'S a spike isn't as bad as a long duration say like pulling a big hill. Most dyno sweeps are less then 30 seconds. I've seen 2000 degrees at least on a spike.

I do believe for the most part your gonna see south of 550 HP on just tuning. More. Like 525 and under is more realistic. I've dyno any where between 516 max to a 459 low on the same tuning different days different dyno's. I dyno the same 4th gear pulls.

Oh, I'm not saying that some have and will see higher numbers but there are many many different variables. Case and point I've seen nearly a 60 HP difference ! So when people ask I give a average of approx 475 at the rear wheels.

Last edited:

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
HP and TQ numbers don't mean as much as some people think.

To be fair to all, no two dyno's read the same and no two days will yield the same results due to atmospheric conditions, air quality, etc.

That being said you can tune for a peaky number for bragging rights or for a good across the curve average of HP/TQ.

The chances of a peaky tune beating a solid producing tune are slim to none, So if you spent lots and lots of time on dyno's over the years and have more time in a truck seat then most, I can tell you that the average higher HP/TQ tune with the best shifting will walk away from most other tunes out there.

If all you want is bragging rights then get a dyno operator to fudge the correction factor and do 5th gear pulls and you can be top dog.

:roflmao:

deffinately not looking for bragging rights just looking to push stock limits i want to see the most i can get out of it is all...:driving:

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
When it comes to EGT'S a spike isn't as bad as a long duration say like pulling a big hill. Most dyno sweeps are less then 30 seconds. I've seen 2000 degrees at least on a spike.

I do believe for the most part your gonna see south of 550 HP on just tuning. More. Like 525 and under is more realistic. I've dyno any where between 516 max to a 459 low on the same tuning different days different dyno's. I dyno the same 4th gear pulls.

Oh, I'm not saying that some have and will see higher numbers but there are many many different variables. Case and point I've seen nearly a 60 HP difference ! So when people ask I give a average of approx 475 at the rear wheels.
cool man thanks for the input:Charger:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I haven't been on a dyno yet due to my clutch slipping worse than a fat kid on ice skates but according to BoBo my truck should put down 500 rwhp on the hottest tune

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I haven't been on a dyno yet due to my clutch slipping worse than a fat kid on ice skates but according to BoBo my truck should put down 500 rwhp on the hottest tune

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

See that's good because others might blow smoke up your you know what and then say I don't know and give you a line of poop if you didn't get even close.

So say you dyno 485/490 or even 510 your happy.

I've even seen as much as 20 or more HP differences in complete bone stock trucks. That's why dyno'ing just a tuned truck is interesting. First you make a bone stock run then add your tune and see what you yield. Most get you on kill about 250 ish HP give or take. Something like that

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
The best test of HP is on the strip. Get your 7000 lb. truck in the 12's and call it a day. I hear dyno numbers thrown around all the time and it really tells you nothing. Your weight and trap speed will tell you more. I will probably dyno my truck soon, but it will be for fun. I change something on my truck and test it at the track if I want to see what my true gains are.

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
The best test of HP is on the strip. Get your 7000 lb. truck in the 12's and call it a day. I hear dyno numbers thrown around all the time and it really tells you nothing. Your weight and trap speed will tell you more. I will probably dyno my truck soon, but it will be for fun. I change something on my truck and test it at the track if I want to see what my true gains are.

Hey thats exactly what im goin for 12,s i think i will be real happy with that for a little while anyway:treed:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
580/1112, but that was at Danville. Stock charger/modded horn, stock sticks, modded reg, stock manifolds/uppipes, etc, etc, etc

Truck ran 12.28 @ 108.52, which works out to between 548 and 571hp depending on the calculator. EGT's at the track usually max out around 1500-1600 at the line.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
514/1015 on an inertia dynojet with a 9" lift on 35" tires. Stock turbo/injectors/cp3. The truck usually only makes 22-23 psi on an inertia dyno.

Last edited:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
Any one remember back in 04 when I laid down 795hp and 1502tq at ATS? Then in early 05 I didn't use W/M and put down 781 and flat lined the tq at 1400+ (as high as it would read) on the dyno with Ridge Runners tune? Bent the rods EVERY time. Stock turbo and injects baby.

Last edited: