oil in the intercooler pipes

duramaxdavid

Dec 12, 2006
Lexington, KY
Ive got a nice film of oil in the intercooler pipes. I need to pull the driver side tube as my boost fitting has stripped out. I would assume i need to do the pvc reroute. Ill clean the pipe and boots as much as possible when I pull the tube but what about the other oil? Will it eventually work most of its way out of the intercooler?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Ive got a nice film of oil in the intercooler pipes. I need to pull the driver side tube as my boost fitting has stripped out. I would assume i need to do the pvc reroute. Ill clean the pipe and boots as much as possible when I pull the tube but what about the other oil? Will it eventually work most of its way out of the intercooler?

Do the PCV Reroute, you'll never get rid of all the oil unless you replace all of the whole system with brand new parts.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
My donor intercoller came out of an 05 and it has a nice film inside of it too. I keep watching the oil level and it never drops, and I've pulled off the boot at the turbo and no signs of oil there. but there is always a a residue of oil at the passenger side intercooler boot. Figured it would have cleared out by now, but 4K miles later and it still has some there.

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
It makes you sick to look at. When i put new headgaskets and studs in the heads were resurfaced and cleaned. I cleaned that gunk out of the entire intake, nice and clean now. Should breathe easy now.