Oh Cocoa..

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Problem is very few guys actually build their own stuff here now.

Building one off full fab parts, or one off cnc work?
That's really a shame, but also may be just a sign of the economy for the past 5years or so too
It seems like there are an abundant amount of chaps that know a significant amount, enough to guide any newb through just about any dmax dilemma, and most times do, there are also enough educated individuals here to set idiots, like me who thought they knew something, straight, and continue to guide them and tell them to sut thier effin mouth when they talk about shit they dont understand ,that speaks volumes about this site.

One of the reasons i like this site soo much, is , as hard assed as y'all are, you are all pretty real about what this site is about,the duramax and building it right, and understanding how it works, plain and simple, legit
:hug:
DuramaxDiesels FTW

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Arent most the vendors here building their own stuff anyways?

DTS
All season/dhd
Socal
Sdp
Just to name a few...

Doesnt the member adeso machine his own parts?
What about ben? He created a traction control.program for his duramax chasis! What about all the build threads happening, swappjng dmaxes into other platforms....

There is still lots of cool things happenin here, imho

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I think he's talking about people building there own trucks. Back in the old days the pioneers of this sport were on this site sharing there experience with trial and error and all the hurdles they had to overcome. Now there is pretty much a reciept for what ever power goal you want to achieve. Back then guys pushed the envolope trying new things that often would destroy parts and even entire engines. We all benefit from there R&D now and can begin a project knowing what our power output and cost will be. I wish those guys were still regulars on this site.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I think its that they have met their goals,most has been figured out (aleast what affects them for that point in time).Also people have life changing events,new little family members,some may be sick and tired of the bickering or bashing,they all have their reasons. I enjoyed seeing James,Russ,John and Tom in the coil overs thread bouncing ideas and theroys off 1 another,you cant get that anywhere else.I was amazed how much sence it made when someone had a theroy that a water pump failure on an lly or lb7 was a precurser to the headgaskets failing.( i firmlly believe this btw not every case but most).

I am so glad i found this sight,if not finding Tom here when i was looking i may not have stuck around long enough to see it as i was memebr of the diesel garage as well of 4 or 5 others and i took a little time away and came back and there was a sign there that said the last 1 to leave please turn out the lights.All the good guys seamed to be gone.I really love DD,its memebers and the sport,im not a cutting edge theroy guy but i try and help with what knowledge i have,i try and keep guys in parts when they need them.I have a ton of respect for guys that have pioneered the way for this sport,efi beta testers,guys that built motors and pushed them past the limits,blew them up came back here and told us what they found or improved and shared their knowledge.Guys that invented or came up with parts when they saw a need. Thats my take on it anyways.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I love this site. I came from the cummins world to the duramax world and if it was not for this site and some of the members my truck would not be were it is today and were its going.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I also came from terrible forums filled with nonsense and personal attacks. The other 10 percent was just a popularity contest.

I'm truly thankful that Chevyburnout1(my friend Dustin) told me about DDs. I've gotten to know a lot of you guys and had such good buying/selling experiences here. In a way I feel you guys are like brothers and were all in it together. We all seem to share the same distaste for douchebaggery and unitedly send such tools packin. Also the way we protect our members from bad buyers/sellers is also a plus. I also like the way the board is moderated. Mods are pretty patient/tolerant and know when it's gone too far. This is the ONLY site I actively promote to others to join and prob the only one I ever will. I know I'm not an original OG but that don't mean us newer guys can't do our part to help keep the sites rep in check and contribute to its growth. I don't do Facebook for a couple reasons, the fact that I'm on this site a lot is one big one:thumb:

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
I was a member here when it was McRat Racing...I just don't post much as I'm no expert so I read and learn.

I came over from DP because of the 5-6 threads each day asking what was the best exhaust or tuner or whatever and the mods started their power plays and the shit talking began...then the sell off.

This site had good people (and still does) that talked tech and helped people figure out problems. Recently we have had an influx of new people that think they are pros and have been posting shit then the bickering starts and the old timers don't have time for that shit. I've started putting people on my ignore list just because I don't want to read the crap that they are posting.

If you google Duramax Diesel this site is up at the top of the list and I guess that is a good thing but it also brings in the " how do I make a smoke and lope tune" people.

Sorry for the rant...this place just ain't the same anymore.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Wait a second, so your telling me cocopuff is alive:eek: after months of hiatus??
Must be abusing the search button,this is a good thing.All joking aside he has come along way since his 1st name on here but he was excited in the begining lmao.He and his truck have come a good distance do to the great people and no bulshit info.:thumb: