"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Went to the strip (Pacific Raceways) for the first test and tune of the year.
Sadly I could not run as any aftermarket turbo requires the driver wear an SFI certified fire jacket. Truck passed inspection but drivers attire did not. Highly disappointed to say the least.:confused:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Went to the strip (Pacific Raceways) for the first test and tune of the year.
Sadly I could not run as any aftermarket turbo requires the driver wear an SFI certified fire jacket. Truck passed inspection but drivers attire did not. Highly disappointed to say the least.:confused:

And you told them the turbo was aftermarket why? :roflmao:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
And you told them the turbo was aftermarket why? :roflmao:
:hifinger:because the tech offical asked me out right. Hindsight is 20/20 if I had it to do over again I would have swore it was stock. I will go back I have a full fire suit but did think I would need it and didn't want to look like a noob at the track in a fire suit with his 13 second street truck :roflmao:

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
you should only need a fire jacket not a suit.

i got the same asked of me last time i ran my V , i passed it off as stock though since i have all the engine covers on. let me run low 10's @ 135 all day without a jacket, roll bar or any of the normal equipment needed for most cars. Love that 2008+ rule (stock cars above 08 can run 10.0 ,>135mph and slower without a roll bar )

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
you should only need a fire jacket not a suit.

i got the same asked of me last time i ran my V , i passed it off as stock though since i have all the engine covers on. let me run low 10's @ 135 all day without a jacket, roll bar or any of the normal equipment needed for most cars. Love that 2008+ rule (stock cars above 08 can run 10.0 ,>135mph and slower without a roll bar )

I would have to buy a jacket my suit is one piece. I think it is as dumb a rule as the pulling leagues making you put the crossed bolts in the exhaust.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Gave the truck a halfway decent spring wash, prob bust out the power washer and really hit the underside come a few weeks of warmer weather.

Also changed the fuel filter and made a damn mess lol

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Looking to rework my oil cooler setup... ~60° outside and truck Hitting 240° on long grades not even pushing hard..
Well "not hard" as in the truck has to HP to run faster but not cooling.. doing 55mph up a 7% grade at ~24,000lbs. In 4th gear and ~50% throttle ~1000° egts..

Someone asked while back what limit to towing capacity.... My answer cooling capacity.. All the HP in the world don't mean shit if you can't keep them cool and happy

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Messed up my transfer case.... I think.

*** yep, and my transmission output shaft is ground smooth... oh well, I needed a reason to build it anyway.

Last edited:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I didn't do anything to my truck today, but I ran into an old friend and he was telling me about some of the stuff he's got going on with his. I have to admit it inspired me a bit, which is good because I was getting close to selling mine.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I rolled mine from my buddies driveway to the curb in front of his house so his wife could have her parking spot back. Need to call Evan tomorrow

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Dropped mine off for a brand new transfer case and built transmission with a 1500 stall converter.... should be interesting......and expensive.