"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
Had it towed back in to town after breaking the crankshaft. :( OK, so this happened a week ago, but I still don't have a plan right now and it is driving me crazy....

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
ybebyvas.jpg

Passenger blend door actuator.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
got my 275/70/16 falken ziex on don't care for the
picture.php
size there to skinny on the stock wheels, but they ride and handle great compared to my mud tires. also l
picture.php
eveled the cv's. getting lower then the old ladies olds 88. gonna make three inch drop shackles next week.
picture.php

Bigcat350

Caution May Blow Smoke
Feb 19, 2012
KY
I did this yesterday. I started by porting the fuel rail plug, that was easy so I went on to shimming the FPRV had a to grind a wrench a little and put it on and popped it with a hammer and behold it popped lose. Shimming was no problem but trying to put that DA_M glow plug controller bracket on was a PITA. I have pretty big hands and I just could not get the bolts back in I worked on that for 15-20 minutes and was dropping bolts and cussing so I just took the bracket and slotted it,put the bolts back and then slide the bracket on and that was easy enough. Still had most of the day to kill and I had a Trans go JR kit so I said why not. Well that went good also but man was I a mess when I got done I also put in Transynd and I have enough to change it and the filter again. I had never went through the tranny relearn before and that was kinda scary for a little while when it would downshift hard but the instructions and the info on this forum said it could do all of that crazy stuff. I did the relearn by the instructions yesterday. Today when I drove it, the truck felt great it shifted smooth when I was going slow but when I got on it you could tell the shift kit worked so I think its good kit for the $64.00 I gave for it.
Next I want a lift pump probably a Raptor and EFI with a CT'S and maybe some Danville tuning. What do you all think or what is your opinions.

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
A 5 gallon bucket of used tranny fluid dumped over in the bed of my truck and greased the road down. Didn't realize it until I got home and saw the bumper soaked with oil. Smh good day gone bad fast:mad:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Door trim removal

I had a sudden lapse of judgment today and decided to peel the door trim from the truck at 12o’clock in the afternoon in Phoenix Az. in 110 degree sunshine, makes me question my signature, did I miss something in the middle…may have been the former or latter.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
With the sun and heat in my favor I contemplated, slightly pulled on the west facing trim on the truck and it peeled a little quite easily. Soooo I pulled and never thinking it might peel the paint which it did not, lucky me. The one piece came off and I was committed to the whole truck with no 3M wheel to finish the job of removing the two sided tape.<O:p</O:p
The heat was on my side still as I rolled most of the large pieces of tape off with my thumb and a soft terry cloth, came off in a short amount of time. The next issue was to remove the remaining glue. Back to somewhere in the middle, I went back to my years in construction which you may not think applies. Removing glued down carpet was a pain, the glue even worse. On jobs where I could I would use dirt and sand and spread it around and near the end of the job the glue would just dry and come right off, hmmm. It then occurred to me baby powder, I had some on the shelf in the garage for installing bicycle tubes.<O:p</O:p
I used the baby powder on the tape a couple of times and with a little patience the majority of the glue was gone what a surprise. I followed up with my next secret weapon, Dawn dishwashing detergent diluted with water in spray bottle I keep in the garage, tool box at all times for cleaning my hands. The dawn finished the job, not a 100% but close to it Total time spent start to finish 2 hours on a 110 degree day with no shade. The pictures shown I have not washed the truck, not a good idea in the sun as the water dries before you can even get a towel to it and the streaks are no fun to deal with.

Pictures of before and after, the before have the short step bars on the truck that came with it when purchased, the after pictures have the longer step bars for us guys that have our a** to close to the ground and the door trim removed.

The last picture, tools of the makeshift kind.<O:p</O:p

Now to consider removing those offending wheel opening flares, any opinions?<O:p></O:p>

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 60

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Im a fender flare guy, but i have seen a few trucks without flares that i liked. Depends on truck and set up, but some look better removed. I will always have them on mine tho.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Im a fender flare guy, but i have seen a few trucks without flares that i liked. Depends on truck and set up, but some look better removed. I will always have them on mine tho.

Maybe I'll lower it 2" front 3" back and paint the wheel wells black and see what it looks like. Or be cheap like my budget and just paint the wheel wells...

Rikter

Grumpy, old, farty, funny
Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
Sent my 5sp to ATS to get a 6 sp, co-pilot, torque converter etc. Installing FAAS lift pump & filter w Water separator. New set of injectors. PPE exhaust manifolds & up pipes both sides EGR delete. Threw the GM's stupid spare tire winch in the ditch. Looking for a better way/place to carry spare(s). Red Green would duct tape the spares to the road wheels to make it look like a Dually!!

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Sent my 5sp to ATS to get a 6 sp, co-pilot, torque converter etc. Installing FAAS lift pump & filter w Water separator. New set of injectors. PPE exhaust manifolds & up pipes both sides EGR delete. Threw the GM's stupid spare tire winch in the ditch. Looking for a better way/place to carry spare(s). Red Green would duct tape the spares to the road wheels to make it look like a Dually!!

Post some pictures of the FASS install.......would like to see them