"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Dvierra86

May 30, 2016
x2.

the alignment machine doesnt care about tire size, thats not how it reads toe.

Drives straight and I did it this way so When I do install larger tires I don't have to scuff my new wheels with the machine redoing the alignment. As toe will change due to larger circumference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Drives straight and I did it this way so When I do install larger tires I don't have to scuff my new wheels with the machine redoing the alignment. As toe will change due to larger circumference.

the toe change from the larger diameter has no affect on the toe that was set with the machine. yes, as tire diameter increases in size, it will amplify the difference from the outside of tire diameter to outside tire diameter from the forward facing tread and the backward facing tread. But that is a mute point as the machine is measuring from a consistant point every time using the heads of the machine that are put on. so you could put 40s on it, but the machine will still measure a certain point out from the center of the head and report it back to the machine. even the slightly larger contact patch doesnt matter as most machines measure beyond the contact patch so it is not too touchy nor would it create issues with wear.

what you SHOULD compensate for with bigger tires is more caster, not toe. that will help the turning of the steering wheel in return to center situation, help keep the truck tracking straight better and fight the higher weight and circumference.

you have a good thought, you are just applying it in the wrong area

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
GM paint is amazing stuff if half way cared for. I've seen 15 year old trucks that look almost new.
X2 My 2001, with the Indigo blue is still in good shape except for the hood. I contribute this to the heat the trucked endured during the summer and engine heat output during the summer.
My 2003 truck is garaged, so this helps a lot too.
Now back in the early 80's, GM's paint sucked.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Wait so a company will build mega cab chev for you?

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

Stretch My Truck

Here is world first functioning mega cab!
1a982eeeb29775ee22a5c2fac4eda3b3.jpg

Dvierra86

May 30, 2016
the toe change from the larger diameter has no affect on the toe that was set with the machine. yes, as tire diameter increases in size, it will amplify the difference from the outside of tire diameter to outside tire diameter from the forward facing tread and the backward facing tread. But that is a mute point as the machine is measuring from a consistant point every time using the heads of the machine that are put on. so you could put 40s on it, but the machine will still measure a certain point out from the center of the head and report it back to the machine. even the slightly larger contact patch doesnt matter as most machines measure beyond the contact patch so it is not too touchy nor would it create issues with wear.

what you SHOULD compensate for with bigger tires is more caster, not toe. that will help the turning of the steering wheel in return to center situation, help keep the truck tracking straight better and fight the higher weight and circumference.

you have a good thought, you are just applying it in the wrong area

I understand how the machine works lol. I've been a master see for a decade now. When I get the new wheels I'll do it again. The more caster the harder it is to make parking lot turns and or turn while under braking. The spec is .4 higher caster right vs left I'm only at .2 I did alignment on my lunch break with a cclb dually. Our driveon rack is not long enough to really do a longbed truck easily and being a dually it's a pain. And also machine is outside and the wind and sunlight messes up the reading. It was a quick alignment to get it driving straight after the lift and without exactly needed to redo it asap with the new wheels and 35s. But that's just my .02 not trying to start a contest here lol

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
It's a custom mega cab gmc who cares if it's long bed or not. The dudes clearly got the money to stretch it.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm