"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Honestly this single 5" mbrp cuts engine noise so much it is shocking. 2x36" mufflers would make it damn near silent.

i have a 5" silver line muffler like yours but dumps just behind the back of the cab. with the twins it really keeps the drone down but in the back seat there still is some when towing. at some point i may have to run it all the way out the back though. always wanted to do some flush mount boat flappers in the bumper and run duals. use little magnets when the truck is off so they stay shut, then open when you start it. more of a pipe dream now

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
New lift pump, headlight assembly, front shocks ordered Since.mine where crackd and cloudy... Should have gotten the chrome version. The width of light is doesn't travel past lane width for ditch view on either high or low... Like stock did.. But they do throw light farther down the road
12088032_10206967377476478_1640010794466749449_n.jpg

12108232_10206967805567180_3307810947421909008_n.jpg

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Don't tell me that. I have one waiting when my buddy decides it's time. Knowing my luck it'll be dead of winter and cold as hell and we will be outside doing it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Don't tell me that. I have one waiting when my buddy decides it's time. Knowing my luck it'll be dead of winter and cold as hell and we will be outside doing it

It wasn't that bad Brock... I tore it down outside as it's a CCLB and then the awesome Ak weather set in and rained me out, then turned to snow:mad: and finally got sunny and mid 40's. So I put the beat down on her the last couple days. Make sure you fab up the cup puller tool before you get started. I burned up a day running all over town looking for the correct concrete anchor.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
It wasn't that bad Brock... I tore it down outside as it's a CCLB and then the awesome Ak weather set in and rained me out, then turned to snow:mad: and finally got sunny and mid 40's. So I put the beat down on her the last couple days. Make sure you fab up the cup puller tool before you get started. I burned up a day running all over town looking for the correct concrete anchor.
If the cups dont come out i dont mess with them. I haven't been bit yet. LOL

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Yea after all the horror stories there is no way I'd leave the cups alone...but question. Do you guys normally replace the high pressure lines or soak them in clr and clean em up really really good

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
It wouldn't have been bad in a shop but out in the weather it kinda blew goat balls:D

I don't blame ya! Think I've been spoiled. If the wind is blowing too hard I won't work on anything haha.

Do you guys normally replace the high pressure lines or soak them in clr and clean em up really really good

I have never replaced lines. I just soak the ends and clean them really good with a fine wire brush. Just don't get carried away with scrubbing.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
..but question. Do you guys normally replace the high pressure lines or soak them in clr and clean em up really really good?

I cleaned mine with a fine wire wheel attachment for a dremel, like anything that was build up, wether it was on the end or the tube, then I polished all the injector lines, blew them out with brake parts cleaner followed by filtered compressed air...then they sat for a while, and I'm pretty sure I soaked them in clean fuel and then blew them out again with air when I installed them...lol

But...
They still look like this...LBZ of course ;)
picture.php
picture.php