Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Jake them ISP truck are some runners you got your hands full with them for sure. I wish i would of ran some taller gears last night think i will try to tomorrow. If we can we are going to try and stop at Paw Paw on the way home from Iowa Sunday.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Nice pass Jim, good to see you have it out!

Does Huckstorf run a massive charger? He spools for longer than i used too before we fixed mine.

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Nice pass Jim, good to see you have it out!

Does Huckstorf run a massive charger? He spools for longer than i used too before we fixed mine.
I think this may of been a different charger so i am not sure. the last one was about the same on spool up time. I am no expert but looks like a lot of fuel. I couldn't sit still that long it would drive me nuts.
I am happy with my truck for now just a week ago all i wanted was to go down the track but after last night i am thinking bigger injectors,cp,water inject.........wouldn't it be easier to just light our money on fire.

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
I am happy with my truck for now just a week ago all i wanted was to go down the track but after last night i am thinking bigger injectors,cp,water inject.........wouldn't it be easier to just light our money on fire.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it doesn't stay on fire long and you would be searching for more!

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
I know it needs more yet but it would not even be going down the track if it wasn't for a bunch of you guys..................thanks a lot:beer:beer:beer

duramaxsandwich

Mar 30, 2009
Jake them ISP truck are some runners you got your hands full with them for sure. I wish i would of ran some taller gears last night think i will try to tomorrow. If we can we are going to try and stop at Paw Paw on the way home from Iowa Sunday.

I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do that's for sure.

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
WOW nice run Jim truck looks great. Man I thought Half of that video was Huckstorf think I jumped the video up like 4 times while he was just spooling lol. Who's older body style Chevy thats yellow and green it looked good and sounded good to.

duramaxsandwich

Mar 30, 2009
WOW nice run Jim truck looks great. Man I thought Half of that video was Huckstorf think I jumped the video up like 4 times while he was just spooling lol. Who's older body style Chevy thats yellow and green it looked good and sounded good to.

Jeremy & Josh Beetz from Mendota, IL

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Jim,saw your truck run on Sunday in Paw Paw.Looked and sounded good.

Thanks should of stop by and said hello, I just need to get it to go straight down the track i am using to much real estate going side to side. It was a great time pulling with ISP i have some vids i will get posted today.

Howling

Jun 1, 2008
Talked with one of your buddies for a while yesterday,did not catch his name he was wearing a purple shirt.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Have any ideas about why your truck is so squirrelly Jim? Sure seems to be making good power, but it sure looks like it's a somewhat organized chaotic dance down the track! :rofl: How's your rear hitch setup? Think it's planting the rear hard enough? lifting the front too much?

Is the OBS chevy a dmax? It didn't sound like a chummins to me in this latest video? :confused:

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Going to take a close look at everything this week. I am running a drawbar for a hitch. I was told to restrict the hydraulic line going to my steering valve so the steering wasn't so quick but i don't think that is the problem. We have the toe in set in about 1/4'' not sure if it should be in more.

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
Take that restrictor out. Make it as quick as possible. I want to say from lock to lock in my old truck was only about 1 1/2 turns total. It looks like you are turning that wheel a lot in the cab and the truck just is not responding. Playing with the toe will also net you some results too.