Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
They will be long tubes like the last set. Just a higher flowing design.

Are you building them, or buying them? From who? I would like to go to a set of long tubes also...

We are planning a new, lighter rear differential with all the bells and whistles... A different turbo, possibly Batmowheel, possibly Columbus, possibly Precision.

Or pull the motor and refresh it, and bolt a 2.6 charger on it and put it back in my street truck for the local 2.6 classes next season.

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
Im sure theres that much more to be had with the turbo options and fueling options.
I hope so My sticks are only 80% one of my cp's is stock with over 200,000 miles. That should be a good place to start anyway.

Only 300?? Why stop there.
Your right James if Matt finds 200 i'll need at least 500

Yeah, I think we could use an additional 100-200 HP also.....no you don't!!

And I forgot that I need to get heads ported again...

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Shooting for 4 digit power next year so...need to find about 100 more somewhere, staying 403 ci and not touching the engine internals. starting with larger charger, bigger nozzels, w/a if needed to get there, hopin the two stock cp3s can keep up!

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Shooting for 4 digit power next year so...need to find about 100 more somewhere, staying 403 ci and not touching the engine internals. starting with larger charger, bigger nozzels, w/a if needed to get there, hopin the two stock cp3s can keep up!

Stock displacement is the best imo. 2 stock cp3s should get ya there.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
My heads are at GMS awaiting final machining for the welded cups. Converter is back from suncoast refresh and stall increase. Extrude hone is looking at one of tips to see why it is having flow issues. Looking for 301 hp more. :D

Putting it aside this past year was one of the best things I ever did for my family, my wallet and my sanity. ;)

FarmDiesel22

Farmer
Sep 28, 2009
I've got a fresh set of ported heads with new springs on the bench ready to bolt on the new WS truck project,,,, hoping they help make the most of the air we can push with these stock chargers.

How much difference will ported heads make on a workstock truck running a stock or stock modded charger?

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
My heads are at GMS awaiting final machining for the welded cups. Converter is back from suncoast refresh and stall increase. Extrude hone is looking at one of tips to see why it is having flow issues. Looking for 301 hp more. :D

Putting it aside this past year was one of the best things I ever did for my family, my wallet and my sanity. ;)

Dont lie... you were just hiding from me...:poke:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
How much difference will ported heads make on a workstock truck running a stock or stock modded charger?

That's what i'm gonna find out ;) We push these little stock chargers hard and I'm hoping any reduction in restriction helps,, we do have to maintain the factory CAC still but everything else besides dual fuelers is fair game. Got a new set of nozzles being worked up and a new pump to try out in the works. Don't let the title work stock fool ya,, this are girls purpose built for hooking :thumb: