No way ricer...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Not gunna lie, been a bit of a dry spell in the limo lately. doesnt help i dont drive her much. maybe a couple times a month if im wrenching on the tracker.

Anyhow, getting ready for work today, decided id take the limo since i took the tracker to mexico and beat the snot out of it all weekend. Figured id let her rest till i could go a full check up on her this weekend.

Came to a light couple miles from work and this slammed ricer pulls up next to me. nothing pretty looking by any means, typical straight pipe deal. not a soul in front of us. i figured, screw it, lets have a little fun if he will. we leave the light and i took off a little quick but nothing fast, figured id see what hed do. We all know ricers aint gunna do a damn thing from a dig. hes at my bumper at about 40 mph and i hear him down shift and punch it. im in tow/haul so the limo is all reved up and ready to go, i hammer down and off we go. Now, i fully expected to just see this guy fade off pretty damn fast... nope! he initially had the jump and was up about my back door, then i start pulling on him. that little pos had some kind a shit under the hood that sounded like it was at 12k rpm. Shut it down around 100 and he had about a limo length behind me. typical ricer fly by happens and he aint waiting at the next light. he turned and took off pretty fast before i got beside him to say something. pu$$y.

i dont think he will be telling his little ricer buddies this story :roflmao:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Not gunna lie, been a bit of a dry spell in the limo lately. doesnt help i dont drive her much. maybe a couple times a month if im wrenching on the tracker.

Anyhow, getting ready for work today, decided id take the limo since i took the tracker to mexico and beat the snot out of it all weekend. Figured id let her rest till i could go a full check up on her this weekend.

Came to a light couple miles from work and this slammed ricer pulls up next to me. nothing pretty looking by any means, typical straight pipe deal. not a soul in front of us. i figured, screw it, lets have a little fun if he will. we leave the light and i took off a little quick but nothing fast, figured id see what hed do. We all know ricers aint gunna do a damn thing from a dig. hes at my bumper at about 40 mph and i hear him down shift and punch it. im in tow/haul so the limo is all reved up and ready to go, i hammer down and off we go. Now, i fully expected to just see this guy fade off pretty damn fast... nope! he initially had the jump and was up about my back door, then i start pulling on him. that little pos had some kind a shit under the hood that sounded like it was at 12k rpm. Shut it down around 100 and he had about a limo length behind me. typical ricer fly by happens and he aint waiting at the next light. he turned and took off pretty fast before i got beside him to say something. pu$$y.

i dont think he will be telling his little ricer buddies this story
Nice work James! Gotta love the ricer flybys.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
James theres one thing I’ve learned about these ricer cars from running the streets in town. Sometimes the biggest sh!tbox cars are the ones you have to watch. ESPECIALLY if driven by an Asian dude :roflmao: I’ll never forget this early 90s prelude running up the streets. Faded red with factory hubcaps and hideous looking. Turned into a store and Lordy was she boosted. Thing sounded quick but did not look it.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
The nice looking ones are normally slow

The shit box ones will sneak up on ya. Seen several peoples feelings get hurt by them. LOL

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
hell if i know, its a ricer... i dont think ive ever seen a shit box ricer that was fast out here. it certainly made me think if i actually put the tow tune in or the nuetered tow tune :roflmao:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I've had a couple cars stay dead even with the Suburban with the 425HP tune in it. It's been making me wonder if I need to turn the poor thing up a bit, or just start driving my truck more.

It is always a lot of fun to hear about ricers getting a nice surprise. I suspect very few would expect what your truck is capable of doing.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I bet he was having a WTF moment, what is this big ass truck doing pulling on me:rofl:

I leave the 05’ on the 11.5 tune all the time. Nice having 2 ccsb trucks, one for tow and one for go.

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
This kind of story is the real reason I fell in love with a diesel. My dumbass in my early 20's was a broke ass and built a screaming hatchback civic because it was cheap. I've always had a love for sleepers and there was nothing better than draggin someone's ass in a car that looked like it should be crushed.

It drove around almost anything (typical street cars) until a guy in single cab duramax made me look like a fool, which wasn't easy. From that point on I knew what I needed next. To this day nothing beats driving around someone in an 8k lbs truck, makes me miss my LB7.

I can say my wife is sure glad I gave that ricer life up, she refused to get in that car, and probably for good reason.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
One that surprised me was this ugly ass sport model kia, he left me in the dust, although I had no idea we were racing I still couldn't catch him. And ofcorse he made damn sure I couldn't line up next to him again.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
The nice looking ones are normally slow

The shit box ones will sneak up on ya. Seen several peoples feelings get hurt by them. LOL

I'm storing 1 of those civic shitboxes in my yard right now for a friend.I ported the head,we built a turbo motor and w/ a slipping clutch,,thing put down 489hp,382tq,,we'll be back w/ a dual clutch to see what it pulls.
his first car was even worst than this one.:D

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
There's a guy in Salt Lake City who builds some truly nasty 4cyl Japanese cars. He does the turbos and intercoolers, don't know about the engines. Not necessarily junker looking, and those things are fast. Race one of them and it'll clean your clock. His own car is a 4wd Eagle (?) which I saw during turbo fitment many months ago - completely built 4cyl 1,000hp monster. There are some very fast innocent looking ricers tooling around Salt Lake area.