LB7: No start!

HD4ME

Nov 22, 2017
So....picked a truck for cheap recently as a crank/no start. Found out it had a cam dowel that let go and bent push rods. I pulled the motor, had the cam keyed, reworked the heads (all new valves), replaced pushrods and rocker assemblies, replaced injectors and some other parts including FPR. Dropped the motor in after reassembly and fired it before filling cooling system. After a little cranking it fired off and after a few seconds cleared up and ran pretty good so i shut it off.Filled cooling system a found a leak and ended up having to take water pump back off and replace pipe oring to oil filter housing. Reassembled, refilled and som bitch wouldn't fire. It has an AirDog and rebuilt stock filter housing with Cat adapter. Threw a scanner on it and actual rail pressure was climbin way over desired pressure but a just barely trying to fire. I disconnected the FPR and it fired off with some cranking so I know it will run. I then noticed it pretty much loses prime as soon as lift pump turns off. I by passed the stock fuel filter to eliminate that but same thing. Pulled new FPR and replaced with original and actuall pressure is right on the money but still wont run. WTF!?!?!?! The oring had split on new FPR so I thought I found pressure and prime issue in one shot but not the case. Im all ears. :confused:

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
If you disconnect the fpr will it run now?

Did u pinch the wire loom right above the water pump when u installed the new oring?

HD4ME

Nov 22, 2017
it did run after i disconnected the FPR . took a little bit of cranking but it did run. Now I cant get it to run with it connected or disconnected with rail pressure meeting desired and still losing prime super quick. I'm think about return line leak under valve cover, I would think that it wouldn't reach desired pressure though. I do have a P0380 code that popped up though but glow plugs are cycling.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Are you getting a Commanded mm3 injection amount while cranking? Is the ecm trying to inject fuel or is is it at 0 mm3?