LB7: No Prep Kings Finals

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Thank You for the info . After reading thru the extensive rules and regulations their is absolutely no way I’m going to waist my money to register then get shot down and potentially lose my money . They’re talking about NHRA certified chassis and NHRA licenses required. I venture to say that the majority of interested diesel truck racers are going to have the required stickers and licenses . I was all amped up till I started reading LOL

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
A nhra license and chassis cert is required at 6.39 or faster (in the 1/8th), 9.99 or faster in the 1/4. They’re just following NHRA rules, which every track in the country who operates under NHRA is suppose to follow.

Your sig says you need this stuff. Rather be SAFE then sorry, specially in a tank. Shit goes sideways fast when things go wrong on the track.

Just stating facts......

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I went and watched when they came to Boise. It was a helluva good time:thumb: Those cars are stupid fast!

Damn I’d have come down to watch had I known when it was. I never seem to hear about this stuff till after it’s done lol.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I race at Ennis on occasions, normally on what they call a Fast Friday Night , all heads up . None of those items are ever required. I have never had an NHRA License , I have a roll bar setup in it but doubt it would pass NHRA tech due to the drop down door bars . I truly believe turn out will be very low due to these requirements . I can see someone like yourself that attends numerous events across the country investing in these things . When it says chassis certification, is it talking about the actual frame or frame and roll bar/roll cage ???

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
I race at Ennis on occasions, normally on what they call a Fast Friday Night , all heads up . None of those items are ever required. I have never had an NHRA License , I have a roll bar setup in it but doubt it would pass NHRA tech due to the drop down door bars . I truly believe turn out will be very low due to these requirements . I can see someone like yourself that attends numerous events across the country investing in these things . When it says chassis certification, is it talking about the actual frame or frame and roll bar/roll cage ???

Roll cage.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Damn I’d have come down to watch had I known when it was. I never seem to hear about this stuff till after it’s done lol.

I pretty sure they will come back Dale. Boise was one of the biggest turn outs they ever had. Ill pm you if/when they come back out.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
A nhra license and chassis cert is required at 6.39 or faster (in the 1/8th), 9.99 or faster in the 1/4. They’re just following NHRA rules, which every track in the country who operates under NHRA is suppose to follow.

Your sig says you need this stuff. Rather be SAFE then sorry, specially in a tank. Shit goes sideways fast when things go wrong on the track.

Just stating facts......

Well said buddy. Never understood why people are so against safety equipment. I am a weirdo that gets upset when they dont do a complete tech on my truck. ODSS events are pretty strict tech. Doesn't affect the attendance at all.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I pretty sure they will come back Dale. Boise was one of the biggest turn outs they ever had. Ill pm you if/when they come back out.

That would be sweet.
I made it to H2H again this year. Always a good time in Idaho.

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Well, race week is here!! Anyone going for sure?? Anyone thinking of going?? We are a go, just need to button up a few things tomorrow then load up. We hit the road Wednesday morning, should be there Thursday mid day.

If anyone still needs to purchase their race ticket, can you add an extra crew ticket for me?? I’m short one and haven’t been able to come up with one yet. The site only allows you to purchase your crew passes with the race purchase and I haven’t heard back from anyone yet on adding another crew ticket.

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Thx man, we didn’t expect that considering who all showed up. The car was consistently getting down the track with all the power we were throwing at it.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I wanted to make it out to watch, but I had a few things come up. I was keeping a close eye on Facebook for updates though. Good job! Looked like there were some good running cars and trucks out there.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Rick did a great job. Looked super consistent too.

Tony Rizzy is NOT afraid of anything!! He won the 1st night. I didn't stay up to watch it but I hear it was about 1:30 in the morning.

The second night a Cummings powered Pro Mod style car won. Rick had him till right in the lights!

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
There’s several videos floating around. I’ll make some time and get the links posted up unless someone beats me to it.

We had a great time. Definitely Not the fastest there, but we made some solid passes. Since it was N/T we didn’t know exactly what we ran. My data collection is crude so I can’t really rely on that. We were spraying 2 78 jets with a big shot nos solenoid. Which is a 400 shot. Bigger then we’ve ever attempted, and it seemed to work very well. Car liked it and motor responded good. We were leaving the staring line at a conservative RPM, same as our 9.89 which would be about a 1.47 60’. It got down the track every pass and I grabbed the nitrous as soon as physically possible. Our best pass to date for 1/8 mile is 6.31, that was with a 300 shot and a spinning 1.47 60’. Based on my previous passes (elsewhere) and the data collected at the no prep race we were consistently running low 6’s or high 5’s at prob 115ish.

Last edited:

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Awesome. That’s a lot more juice than I have ever attempted. I’m fixing to experiment with some stuff and probably more NOS as well . Most I sprayed is a 62 jet for my 6.19 1/8 but the trans was hurt come to find out amongst other stuff but hoping to have it ready for some runs after this weekend . :D.