No power to my 7 way plug.

sterlinLBZ

went to hook up to a trailer for the first time since i got my truck running again and theres no power to my plug, and my brake controller just reads 0. pretty sure it happened after we lifted my cab for my head studs b4 I blew it up. Needing them pretty bad getting ready to haul a couple tractors and would like to have my trailer brakes for it lol. any one know where the grounds are for them or any other place they go bad? checked the fuses there good. I'm kinda stumped and i hate wires!!!!! :mad: any help would really be great! Thanks in advanced!

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Did you check both fuse blocks?

I know there is the aux fuse in the under hood block for aux power to the 7 way. Check the grounds on the engine, also check under the fuse block for bent pins in the connectors. I know (first hand) that some connectors will seat fully with a bent pin.

sterlinLBZ

be honest with ya im not real good at reading that kind of stuff, but if the grounds in the center of the spare tire, i wouldnt have been taken off when the cab came up. tested continuity on the greound pin and nothing there either. im gonna pull it in the garage tonight and rip it apart i guess. im getting stumped. :confused:

go to http://www.gmupfitter.com/pdflists/view/6 pull the wiring pdf. On page 56 of 315 it shows HD grounds for the trailer plug in zone 17. Somewhere near the center of he spare tire.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is the wiring harness unplugged somewhere? Seems kind of strange that you have no power to any light wires and no ground.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Is the wiring harness that goes from the spare tire brace to your bumper plugged in? I know you won't unhook that for lifting the cab but did you have some help and it got unhooked by accident?

Just throwing ideas out there.

Yellowchevy