Nexus gauges

Bentley

Doesn't know $hit...
Mar 7, 2008
Under a big a$$ rock...
I just feel that the Nexus gauges react a little bit to slowly for my liking because the "brain" has to interpret the signal and then send the data to the gauges. I need a fast EGT gauge and a mechanical boost because of tunning. Also now with the addition of my Cylinder Pressure Monitor I need to know exactly what is going on and when its going on.

What are your other gauges Simon?

Bentley

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I just feel that the Nexus gauges react a little bit to slowly for my liking because the "brain" has to interpret the signal and then send the data to the gauges. I need a fast EGT gauge and a mechanical boost because of tunning. Also now with the addition of my Cylinder Pressure Monitor I need to know exactly what is going on and when its going on.

What are your other gauges Simon?

Bentley

Could you share some info on your Cylinder Pressure Moniter

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Bently I have 2 Autometer ultralite mechanical boost 0-60 and 0-2000 EGT gauges if you want to do some trading PM me

Did you get Fingers cyl press. tester?

Last edited:

Bentley

Doesn't know $hit...
Mar 7, 2008
Under a big a$$ rock...
Bently I have 2 Autometer ultralite mechanical boost 0-60 and 0-2000 EGT gauges if you want to do some trading PM me

Did you get Fingers cyl press. tester?

I did get Fingers Cylinder Pressure Monitor, I am headed out side to get it all set up right now as a matter of fact. Should be some very interesting data coming out of this.

Bentley

Bentley

Doesn't know $hit...
Mar 7, 2008
Under a big a$$ rock...
Could you share some info on your Cylinder Pressure Moniter

Sorry to be OT for this one. What we are using is a modified glow plug that has a high pressure sensor in it. Run that through a USB based data acquisition box and right into the laptop. Voila you get to see whats going on inside the combustion chamber.

Bentley

Bentley

Doesn't know $hit...
Mar 7, 2008
Under a big a$$ rock...
sorry this is OT but roughly how much was the whole thing for testing cylinder pressure?

Ben, I am Alpha testing a monitor for Jon (Fingers on TDP). He charged me $1,300 dollars for it. Pretty slick little design and idea I have to say. I am still working on wiring it into my truck so I can see when the injectors fire and when my pressure spike is in relation to TDC. Should give us a very good idea of what our tunning is doing inside the combustion chamber based on boost, RPM, pilot timing and quantity and main timing and quantity. I will be posting up some of my results as I start learning how to use this as a tunning tool.

Bentley

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ben, I am Alpha testing a monitor for Jon (Fingers on TDP). He charged me $1,300 dollars for it. Pretty slick little design and idea I have to say. I am still working on wiring it into my truck so I can see when the injectors fire and when my pressure spike is in relation to TDC. Should give us a very good idea of what our tunning is doing inside the combustion chamber based on boost, RPM, pilot timing and quantity and main timing and quantity. I will be posting up some of my results as I start learning how to use this as a tunning tool.

Bentley

Nice work Bently! I would love to try this myself