New upgrade on my LMM

StormtrooperLMM

Lifted Stormtrooper LMM
May 5, 2016
Southern Cali
So this past week my transmission has been overheating because my torque converter is fried, it keeps slipping. All that's in the transmission is a Trans jr. Kit so it's basically stock. I ended up taking it to inglewood transmission to get what I need done to it. Once this is all finished what would be the next step to getting 650hp?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
650 rwhp? Or 650 engine horsepower?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Drock

Apr 20, 2015
Garrison ND
Next step it to upgrade air. I would suggest Danville performance 68mm stg2R.

I'm currently running that turbo and I should be right around the 650 mark. I haven't been to the track to confirm.

Still on stock injectors but have dual stock pumps. If you do get this turbo make sure Mark at DP tunes it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Next step it to upgrade air. I would suggest Danville performance 68mm stg2R.

I'm currently running that turbo and I should be right around the 650 mark. I haven't been to the track to confirm.

Still on stock injectors but have dual stock pumps. If you do get this turbo make sure Mark at DP tunes it

Why did you do dual pumps before injectors? Was your stock one not holding rail?

Drock

Apr 20, 2015
Garrison ND
Why did you do dual pumps before injectors? Was your stock one not holding rail?

On the big tune it was dropping rail. Got a good deal on a ppe set up. Holds rail perfect now and no issues. I don't run the big tune much.

I had the truck dyno tuned by Mark. Tune 4 is right around the 550 mark and is plenty for me.

Lmmbrad33

IBEW 15
May 8, 2016
Oregon, IL
Be careful... I thought I'd be happy up around that number with my set up. I was!.... For about two weeks. Now there's and engine in the garage and turbos on the shelf. Never satisfied! Lol

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
On the big tune it was dropping rail. Got a good deal on a ppe set up. Holds rail perfect now and no issues. I don't run the big tune much.

I had the truck dyno tuned by Mark. Tune 4 is right around the 550 mark and is plenty for me.

Mines not holding rail either. I can't decide if I want to do duals or 10mm.

Drock

Apr 20, 2015
Garrison ND
Be careful... I thought I'd be happy up around that number with my set up. I was!.... For about two weeks. Now there's and engine in the garage and turbos on the shelf. Never satisfied! Lol

No kidding there. I have a spare lmm motor waiting to get built once I have funds. I thought 650 would be all I need. After a couple months it feels slow.

StormtrooperLMM

Lifted Stormtrooper LMM
May 5, 2016
Southern Cali
I really don't want tit build a bottom end of my engine to hold more, but maybe down the future I will. 650rwhp is more than needed I believe on a daily driver. I know I will get used to the hp quickly driving it everyday and I will be tempted to go faster I am sure of it. I just wanted to know from the people who are already pushing 600-700rwhp what they did next to bring it to that type of power.