New Sub Catagory

clayt171

He's watching you
Aug 21, 2008
I O Way
I'm suggesting the addition of a Politics and Religion Sub Catagory under the Smoke Signals group. What does everyone else think?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
This site is about Hod Rodding and having fun. We are allowing this threads just until Tuesday until after the election :D We don't want to get into P & R stuff. Causes to many hard feelings IMO :hug:

ZR1160

TT Dmax Junkie
Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Canada
Anyone who feel they need to bring Politics or Religion on a Diesel Tech site, should be banned.....IMO

Personally I'd like to see the "The Comedy club" removed or for the option to disable it in the personal options........

Even the "Smoke Signals" topics should somehow have to be relate to Duramax's somehow.......If you still have the need to post random topics there is another "Place"that would love to have you!

Last edited:

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Forums create communities, but those communities don't necessarily want to talk about just 1 topic all the time. Every forum I know of has some kind of a BS area. Sometimes the information is useful, sometimes it's not.

The Comedy Club was created to keep it out of the Smoke Signals area. Which I think was a good idea. I also think Smoke Signals was a good idea and continues to be one. People sometimes need a place to get things off their chest.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Yup. Smoke Signals has had alot of interesting content, be it diesel or otherwise. It stays.

Yes, you can "turn off" forum areas by clicking the little up arrow to the right of the title bar. If the FunZone is not something you want to see, then click it.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Yes I agree about letting the politics in the Fun Zone continuing until the Presidential elections are over.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
besides, we need a BS area for all of us "beverage people" (Simon, Larry, Kat, Johnny, Absyinth gang, me) here:rofl: Some how that has become like a little tradition to chat about booze here!:rofl: Its good to have an eye watering laugh every now and then:hug: I would hafta say i have discovered all kinds of cool stuff via Fun Zone! like Rob said, nice to occationally blowoff some steam and idealize with the e-Family:)
I enjoy it!;)

locknload

too busy
Nov 13, 2006
forum does need a few more categories to keep ones interest chugging along, I'm sure we all end back at DP for the sheer volume of topics to read............even tho we really don't want to.....

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
you wont find me wandering to the place :rolleyes: i would rather have it the way it is imo if you get to many sections and subcatagories it gets to hard to follow everything that is going on

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
forum does need a few more categories to keep ones interest chugging along, I'm sure we all end back at DP for the sheer volume of topics to read............even tho we really don't want to.....

This is always going to be a smaller site than "multi-purpose" sites such as DP.

We are just focused on Duramax Performance.

Yes, I've been criticized for not having more forums on the board, but I laid it out the way I read a board. As it grows, we will add more forums, but for the size the board currently is, I'm not sure adding more will improve it, and might even make it harder to read.

The first "odd" decision I made was not to separate the tech forums into engine models. Why? Because there is a lot of "cross-interest" between the engine models. Many of the high perf Dmax setups use parts, ideas, and sources that come from other models. We did add "Labels" so you can target a specific model, but kept all related content in the same area.

locknload

too busy
Nov 13, 2006
the question is really where are the guide lines for " performance " ? Is a nav system install stock or performance ? Heated seat issues, aftermarket stereos, on and on. We all will have issues with our "stock" items . A few more members would definately be an "asset" . Lots of us lurk , looking for info and educated conversations, without being garbage posters for sheer numbers, we are the silent majority. Original DP was very interesting, the original members had something that was unique.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
the question is really where are the guide lines for " performance " ? Is a nav system install stock or performance ? Heated seat issues, aftermarket stereos, on and on. We all will have issues with our "stock" items . A few more members would definately be an "asset" . Lots of us lurk , looking for info and educated conversations, without being garbage posters for sheer numbers, we are the silent majority. Original DP was very interesting, the original members had something that was unique.

We aren't going limit what technical areas folk can discuss here, but nor are we necessarily going to focus on non-performance or non-Duramax content. The reason for limiting religious and political threads is because it's a family site, and you will force the moderators and admins to make decisions as to what is appropriate content, and there is always accusations of being biased. They stir up hate more than any other threads, and boil over into the tech.

A board is the members sharing ideas. Without sharing information, it is nothing. For every thread you write, it is read by an average of ~50 other members. Just one member can make a huge difference on a board, even if all your threads are just asking for information.

If a board is to be a great board, we must both read and write, but more importantly, we must find things that could help others.

And in turn, it helps ourselves, because it drives new content to be posted.

locknload

too busy
Nov 13, 2006
P and R is garbage anyway. u will rarely ever change anybodies views, so why bother. but it does seem to be a sore spot. :confused: I have followed ur accomplishments since u broke in at DP, up or down, always has been interesting. We are all interested in Dmax enhancement, including future development of the line.
More members = more advertisers= more money= more product testing= advantage for us all :D

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
So it comes back to: What new forums would you want to see? We are flexible here and will create/delete forums as needed. From our point of view new ones are not needed but that does not mean that our view cannot or will not be changed.

What would you like to see and why?