New Product!!! GM Duramax Deep oil pan

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Im not the one trying to sell them. It would be wise for you to post actual data instead of guessing. Banana pans been around forever and never took off big for a reason.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Im not the one trying to sell them. It would be wise for you to post actual data instead of guessing. Banana pans been around forever and never took off big for a reason.

cool...go buy one of his...:rofl: I think you and the banana will be a perfect fit!!:ban-hump:

I have already given you and the others the info and why it works...

I don't see how a flat bottom pan would NOT help drain more oil?

I know right??? I guess it just magically stays in the pan because NE-turtle-banana-max says so!!!! :rofl::roflmao:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Yes that is correct! order one up and post up the results! I have already provided you the data we have seen after it being installed on 5 trucks.

So question... if you have a restriction on the inlet of ANY pump, what happens on the outlet side???

If you have ANY restriction on the inlet side of the pump= Blown up engine no oil pressure. So question.. Explain how adding 1 qt increases' oil pressure, even with un-shrouding? When a pump does a set psi.

Typical response from you... Do you have any data or info to support your claims?
If you have ANY restriction on the inlet side of the pump= Blown up engine no oil pressure. So question.. Explain how adding 1 qt increases' oil pressure, even with un-shrouding? When a pump does a set psi.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.

So you are telling us that, when the pump is pulling oil up and out of the pan, that there is zero vacuum in the inlet pipe?

Do you understand the direct relation between volume and psi???

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
So you are telling us that, when the pump is pulling oil up and out of the pan, that there is zero vacuum in the inlet pipe?

Do you understand the direct relation between volume and psi???

I didn't say there is no vacuum on the inlet pickup side. I'm just asking how adding a quart add's oil pressure. That is a typical Hilary Clinton response, totally changing the question, instead of answering it. Not trying to start a fight. But I could in theory go add 1qt to my current setup, and I will gain more oil pressure. :thumb:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I didn't say there is no vacuum on the inlet pickup side. I'm just asking how adding a quart add's oil pressure. That is a typical Hilary Clinton response, totally changing the question, instead of answering it. Not trying to start a fight. But I could in theory go add 1qt to my current setup, and I will gain more oil pressure. :thumb:

I just re-read what I had posted on here....Where did I ever say that adding 1 qt of oil raises oil pressure?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
First off... I did not write that flyer, Only copied and pasted it.. But... Does cooler oil produce higher or lower oil pressures?

But... I guess you missed the 3rd paragraph that explains the psi increase due to UN-shorouding the pickup.

Also, I have posted a written response as to why there will be an increase in oil psi across the whole rpm range, until the PRV limits the pressure.

Last edited:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
First off... I did not write that flyer, Only copied and pasted it.. But... Does cooler oil produce higher or lower oil pressures?

Also I have posted a written response as to why there will be an increase in oil psi across the whole rpm range, until the PRV limits the pressure.

Does additional oil not see any heat or is there some invisible cloak keeping the extra oil from getting any-kind of heat soak? Wasn't looking to argue, wanted to know how PPE'S product supported it's "ADVERTISED GAIN".

Last edited by a moderator:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Go back and READ your flyer page one, 2nd paragraph last two sentence's. So just please answer my question Danilary. ;)

Good luck. Im still waiting to see real data on it. But he would rather beat around the bush. Just hope my engine has enought oil with my stock pan.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Does additional oil not see any heat or is there some invisible cloak keeping the extra oil from getting any-kind of heat soak? Wasn't looking to argue, wanted to know how PPE'S product supported it's "ADVERTISED GAIN".

It will take more time/heat to heat up the extra oil (buffer). Also being made of aluminum, the oil will stay cooler and for a longer time (less heat soak).

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ

It will take more time/heat to heat up the extra oil (buffer). Also being made of aluminum, the oil will stay cooler and for a longer time (less heat soak).

You may buffer the time it takes to stabilize, but wouldn't the temps stabilize at the same they did prior? Same kinda argument against larger capacity trans pans.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Some whiney ****ing bitchers in here jeez. Fwiw everything Dan said makes sense to me and i only had to read through it once. :thumb:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
You may buffer the time it takes to stabilize, but wouldn't the temps stabilize at the same they did prior? Same kinda argument against larger capacity trans pans.

Yes! If the pan was made out of steel, but its not! It's the whole design that give you the benefits.

Some whiney ****ing bitchers in here jeez. Fwiw everything Dan said makes sense to me and i only had to read through it once. :thumb:

LOL!! Yep.... all this is reminding me why I stopped posting on here.

If they had some legitimate questions (and tried to comprehend what I'm saying), I don't have a problem answering them. But when it seems they have other agendas, I'm just wasting my time...

Last edited:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Ask a question about a product being sold by a company, get the Hilary Clinton run around with no definite answer. Sign me up 10 and just take my money. :rofl:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I plan on buying and trying one of these once temperatures stabilize around these parts and will provide oil temp logs from before and after the swap. This will be done with same ambient temps, same drive, load, speeds, etc. to keep the test parameters as even as possible.

Regardless if there is/isn't a marked improvement I will post up my results.