New Product!!! GM Duramax Deep oil pan

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Does or can it use the same Fumoto drain as the stock pan?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Dan, I like the raw aluminum finish and the black blends in a bit better and have been considering the "yellow one" for quite some and had no idea about the oil pressure increase on yours which makes it an attractive alternative.

Did not find the install PDF sheets on your site.

Does it come with bolts.?
Does it come with a tube a ACDelco pan sealant or equivalent.?

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Pics!!!

Attachments

• PPE_GM Oil Pan Installed.jpg
    PPE_GM Oil Pan Installed.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_7226.JPG
    IMG_7226.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC_0199.jpg
    DSC_0199.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_3984.JPG
    IMG_3984.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_4072.JPG
    IMG_4072.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan, I like the raw aluminum finish and the black blends in a bit better and have been considering the "yellow one" for quite some and had no idea about the oil pressure increase on yours which makes it an attractive alternative.

Did not find the install PDF sheets on your site.

Does it come with bolts.?
Does it come with a tube a ACDelco pan sealant or equivalent.?

Yes bolts are included, sealant is NOT included due to shelf life.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the benefit for higher oil pressure?

As the oil gets hot it thins out, thus lowering oil pressure (you will see this on your gauges when the engine/oil is cold vs hot). The pan helps these issues by UN-shrouding the pickup (less inlet restrictions) and keeping the oil cooler, along with 2 extra quarts of oil (vs our competitor).

Engine oil pressure is VERY important, as it will keep metal parts isolated from each other.

More importantly, how's the ground clearance:) Can you post a bunch of photos of one installed on a truck? Thanks.

Not an issue!! Not only is there plenty of clearance, but our drain plug is in the back of the pan (not the bottom, like our competitor). So no worries about it getting damaged or broken while off-roading

Subd for pics of one installed

See pics!

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
How does adding an additional quart pick up oil pressure? What ever the oil pump does psi wise, should not change due to added oil in the system, heat is heat. :confused:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
How does adding an additional quart pick up oil pressure? What ever the oil pump does psi wise, should not change due to added oil in the system, heat is heat. :confused:

Dan posted above that it's from un-shrouding the pickup(removing restriction). Certainly removing restriction from the suction side can help increase pressure out of a pump. Being me, I'd of course like to see the results myself.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Can some one post a picture of the inside of stock oil pan to see what the shroud was.? I would but I threw out the last 2 I had in a scrap run.

Found one on DHD.
=
=
F144768341.jpg

=

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Dan posted above that it's from un-shrouding the pickup(removing restriction). Certainly removing restriction from the suction side can help increase pressure out of a pump. Being me, I'd of course like to see the results myself.

X2 If there is some Quality data backing the claim's, I would be picking up 3. You could add 20 quarts' to the system with un-shrouding, but if the oil pump only does 60-80 psi that is all you are going to get. Regardless of the extra oil, or increased volumetric's.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Typical salesman. I dont see enough air going across the pan to help cool. The factory pan has plenty of room around the pickup tube. No matter what you dont get all the oil out anyways during oil change. I personally think if oil temp is a issue do a remote oil cooler.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.

Yes that is correct! order one up and post up the results! I have already provided you the data we have seen after it being installed on 5 trucks.

X2 If there is some Quality data backing the claim's, I would be picking up 3. You could add 20 quarts' to the system with un-shrouding, but if the oil pump only does 60-80 psi that is all you are going to get. Regardless of the extra oil, or increased volumetric's.

So question... if you have a restriction on the inlet of ANY pump, what happens on the outlet side???

Typical salesman. I dont see enough air going across the pan to help cool. The factory pan has plenty of room around the pickup tube. No matter what you dont get all the oil out anyways during oil change. I personally think if oil temp is a issue do a remote oil cooler.

Typical response from you... Do you have any data or info to support your claims?