New part some might be interested in

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
These used to be available from David Lott but he hasn't had any made in several years so Joe Hellmann started making them again.
It's a sure fire fix to any draw straw issues some might be having with bigger fuel pumps.
I don't think any other vendors are making these ??
If so, Pat and I'm stepping on any toes then get rid of this thread.

http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44715

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Seems to be a sort of Dodge thing. Dmaxes really don't have too many problems when set up right.

But I'm puzzled. I always thought Dodges sucked pretty hard, so why the need? :confused:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Actually...the originals were made by David at Diesel Innovations for Ford trucks.
And...some people just don't wanna mess with figuring out a larger draw straw....this will eliminate that altogether.

But...if you wanna turn it into some more BS then just delete the thread....my bad for passing on a new part to you guys.
Won't happen again.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
New product announcements or reviews are permitted. But linking to sites that ban diesel folk is probably silly.

Dmaxes typically use a "Trippin" pickup. Any fuel problems go away.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Actually...the originals were made by David at Diesel Innovations for Ford trucks.
And...some people just don't wanna mess with figuring out a larger draw straw....this will eliminate that altogether.

But...if you wanna turn it into some more BS then just delete the thread....my bad for passing on a new part to you guys.
Won't happen again

The first part answered the question. Don't really see the need for the red.:confused:

Last edited:

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
Looks like that design would suck a lot of fuel, along with all the extra crap that sits on the bottom of the tank.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
that's what I was wondering about John, the gunk that can accumulate in the bottom of the tank over time.

It seems like a viable option for a full on race/competition vehicle though.

C-ya

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Would the internal ring that clamps inside the tank to the sump even fit throught the sender/pickup hole in our tanks or is that were that part about 6 inch hole saw and duct tape is left out?

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Would the internal ring that clamps inside the tank to the sump even fit throught the sender/pickup hole in our tanks or is that were that part about 6 inch hole saw and duct tape is left out?

good point, maybe they should make them square or oval so you can sent the piece though the hole you cut;)

Last edited:

VABRacing

Those sumps are actually a very nice piece, been used on a lot of Fords for quite some time now. They are easy to install and work well. As far as sucking crap, dont put sh!t fuel in your truck. I would more prefer to use them on a truck that doesnt see daily driving and is more of race or pull vehicle. But they are nice and I would recomend them.
Also help eliminate the loss of prime in Fass systems that sometims occur.

BIG DIPPER

Nov 6, 2006

I'ts an illusion. Looks like the fitting is a 1/2"NPT or a -10, so that would put some more perspective on the overall size.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Looks like Joe needs to get some solid endmills in for finishing instead of using insertables. Or better yet leave the round stuff to the lathe. Looks like an angry beaver nibbled that out.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
:eek::rofl:

I wish I had an angry beaver, I have to do everything by hand:eek:
:rofl:

Joe makes some nice stuff. That peice just does not look nearly as nice as his other stuff. With the right endmill it would not take much time at all to make that look far better. On a CNC lathe you can turn it so shiney you can see yourself in it. But the lathes I run are most likely way out of Joe's prices range.

Last edited: