New Member-Just bought a new 2021 Silverado.

letsgoagain

Mar 17, 2022
Hello,
Bought a 2021 Silverado LTZ 3.0L Duramax a week and a half ago. It was new, had 5 miles on it. The dealer just got it so not sure why or where it sat for so long since the 2022's are now coming out but glad I happened to drive by and saw it sitting there.

I have about 250 in town miles on it and I'm getting 23.8 mpg. So far I really like the truck but maybe that's because I was in a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 with the V6 engine. Whole world of difference in size and options from that truck to this one.
I can't wait to get the 500 mile break in period over and looking forward to towing our new 3300 lb E Pro travel trailer to see how the diesel handles it. The Colorado really didn't like towing the trailer. RPM's were around 2600 at 60 mph and really couldn't use the cruise control without it shifting down to the next lower gear and sending the RPM's really high. Just didn't like hearing that much engine noise. Sure hope the Duramax handles it much better.
Truck seems like it has all the goodies. Hope to keep it a long time.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Welcome, you might wanna look into an idash or edge for monitoring. I sure love my idash.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I just bought one myself, looking forward to it! They are bad ass trucks for sure. I went ahead and got a 2022 with new interior but gmc is still selling the 21 interior as a limited version for 22 also it seems.

4dailyrunner

Mar 26, 2022
I know the 3L Duramax is a new engine. I am hesitant to consider one. Concerns:

1 - GM quality and control issues.
2 - Diesel engines offer many advantages; however, not every mechanic will work on them.
3 - Operational expenses as a daily driver vs. other vehicles.

Comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I haven't heard of any systemic quality control issues as of yet.
They are in their fourth year of production.
It's become a popular option so most GM techs are being trained on the lm2.
At 24 mpg city it's a pretty easy sell, they drive like they have more hp than is there.

Reactions: 4dailyrunner