New Drop-in VGT for "Best bang for your buck!"

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I really want one of these!!!
Transmission being built soon then EFI Live then one of these!!!

Jun 28, 2010
I've installed 4 in the last month and a half. Myself and customers are very pleased. Also Danville is great to deal with... 3 days to get my orders. When I got turbos from Dts it was weeks and months. That shop is the worst I've run into!!!!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've installed 4 in the last month and a half. Myself and customers are very pleased. Also Danville is great to deal with... 3 days to get my orders. When I got turbos from Dts it was weeks and months. That shop is the worst I've run into!!!!

I keep trying to sell em, no one has any money! And yes Danville is awesome to deal with. I had the 68mm I ordered for a customer in 2 days and a core deposit back as soon as mine got dropped off at their door!

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
That's pretty impressive without any tuning! Can't wait to see what happens when you have some adjustments for it made????:thum:

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
I've made adjustments since then. Just haven't dyno'd it yet. Gonna try for this week. Still need some fine tuning. Plus I just added profab up-pipes and a 1058 converter. We'll see this week!!

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I've made adjustments since then. Just haven't dyno'd it yet. Gonna try for this week. Still need some fine tuning. Plus I just added profab up-pipes and a 1058 converter. We'll see this week!!

Dam you I was hoping for a clean comparison :dontknow::poke:
Oh well I am sure there will be others before i get to this point got a couple small loans to pay off and still have to put tires on the old Laddies Tahoe before building my transmission so it's going to be a while.

joelc79

Aug 27, 2014
Mark, are these working for the LML's? Also will i need to change my efi tunes with the swap or is that something i'll be able to do after it is installed?
Mine is a 15'.
Thanks

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Mark, are these working for the LML's? Also will i need to change my efi tunes with the swap or is that something i'll be able to do after it is installed?
Mine is a 15'.
Thanks

Yes, there are quite a few on LML's and seem to be a good fit for them!:thumb: Going to be installing one of these on our shop LML in the near future.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I've had the stg2 3794va charger for almost 3wks now...I've been fortunate enough to have had the experience of a tuned stock charger, avant GT4094R and Marks vgt72 and here's my "seat of the pants" review of the 3794va...

It's AWESOME!
If you're coming from an aggressively tuned stock charger, the 3794va won't seem like it lights up as fast, but it's close...however you can tell it flows much more air through the power band, it doesn't choke out, fall off or plateau like the stock charger does, it just keeps pulling. Once it lights it pulls very hard and smooth and just keeps pulling. And it's got a sweet sounding whistle/turbine sound to it. The turbine break is almost as powerful as the stock charger and it manages EGT's much better than a stock charger does, but I'm not sure how much of that is because I'm running larger injectors now...?

If you're downsizing from the VGT72, first thing you'll notice is that the stg2 3794va lights up much, much quicker...it seems like it does more "work" in it's lag time too. The stg2 3794 doesn't hit as hard as the 72 does, almost, but not quite. It's kinda strange though, while it doesn't seem to hit as hard as the 72 it feels stronger or all around less lazy...

I mean, you can tell that the 72 moves more air or rather, it would seem like it has more top end potential, but it really only feels so if you're running WOT letting the gears fully run out...the whistle of the stg2 3794 is not as obnoxiously loud as a standard 4094vvt, or as piercing as the VGT72 (I found the 72's whistle to be more "refined" than the standard 4094, but still pretty loud) but it's absolutely there and sounds like a bad ass tuned truck should

All in all, this charger is a great street charger! It lights fast and strong and makes great power lower in the RPM than the 72 and and it makes more power then a stock charger through the mid and top end. It definitely keeps me on my toes when driving in wet weather, I typically have to keep it in the heavy tow tune or even the stock tune to keep the tires from spinning, otherwise it'll break em loose in EVERY gear at less than 50% throttle once it hit's about 2600rpm. On dry pavement it's wonderful, it's does more work sooner than a 72 does so you don't have to feel like you need to use as much throttle to get going quick, and you don't, so I find I'm spinning tire less often, however if I want to break em loose all I have to do is mash the throttle and bam, you're shredding rubber for a few gears...as many as 4 so far...:)

I've found this charger works like my DSP tuning is set up too, it's kinda odd but for the first time the street tune feels perfect for the street (dry pavement only, lol) I don't feel like I want the #5/race tune anymore...cuz it truly feels like a race tune now, more so than with the VGT72... I think because it makes so much more boost and power than a stock charger does and it gets into boost so much quicker than the 72 does, the race tune just feels very "peaky" but that could just be tuning...

To sum up this novel, this charger RIPS! It's an awesome all around charger that doesn't make you feel like you've compromised ANYTHING! It's very streetable to drive, it's fun to drive, it makes an awesome whistle, it spools quick and hits pretty hard and has got great pull. You really can't go wrong with it...oh, and I seem to be gaining MPG's too...even though my tires are constantly spinning and I'm grinning ear to ear almost every minute I'm behind the wheel
:woott:

Last edited:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Jason is a happy customer for sure lol
He is just as energetic about this charger on the phone as in this write up. I can't wait for a dry day to ride in his truck :woott:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Is this a drop in charger or are there mods that need to be done?

Yes, it is a drop in but requires a water line kit and you have to modify the mouthpiece also. Other than that it is a drop in.

Jason,
Glad you like it, I really miss it on my truck! Really don't care for the S468 I am running right now but testing is testing.