LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Alright guys, Most have probably seen the video already, Ill have many more up soon once I get to the track, Dirt drags, etc. I don't want to bore everyone with useless stuff so ill get right to the point! I'm coming from the Danville stg2 3794 which was an AMAZING charger and I knew it would be hard to top that. Mark and I talked for a few weeks on and off about the 68 stg2R and I ended up biting the bullet. Mark Broviak has taken great care of me like family from the beginning! I work in the car business so I know how important service is, and he makes me feel like I'm family! On to the good stuff lol.

I did a Danville diff cover and AFE Hotside pipe at the same time, hard to tell which one gave me the most power
cookoo[1].gif

From my "Seat of the pants" meter The 68mm stg2r pulls very hard on the top end, when I mash the skinny pedal it just throws you in the seat and literally raises the front of the truck up and takes off! I can also smoke the tires from a 2nd gear roll (33s on 20s)

**Stock Cp3 Stock injectors ** and tuned by Mark Broviak
The turbo for me sees a max boost of 55psi with water meth active. and produces very high boost throughout the rpm range. The turbo braking is...PHENOMANAL ! Its every bit as strong as the stocker if not stronger, no exaggeration here. Spoolup is literally instant, Its been a long time since I had the stocker to compare but I don't think its any slower at all, Its lights quick!!!! Egts at WOT have peaked at 1450 compared to the 3794 at 1650
The sound, well the vanes mark created for this are much tighter than any I've experienced or driven, They come off and on so fast it will spook someone walking by! The whistle sounds like a "F16 on Kill mode" LOL no exaggeration, It has a little more "shhhh" sound then the 3794 (more crisp whistle) but its insanely louder than the 3794, I actually am considering a muffler for the truck now since its so loud!

Overall, I am very very happy and excited to take it down the track! Mark was telling me today something on the lines of "The power comes on 8 sec faster" than his stock Lmm turbo" He can chime in and add more on that.

Turbo specs: 4094 Frame-Danville billet 68mm wheel-10 blade turbine- Ported exhaust housing-Ported(gasket matched)exhaust inlets-Danville backing plate-Danville prototype vanes-Polished front cover inlet. That's all I know :eek:

Attachments

• turbos.jpg
    turbos.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 380
  • exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 330
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
At the Y-bridge yes with water meth 44% ... I've seen 50 without meth so far

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Hondarider 1450 egts with 44% meth is the max I added it in the write up stock cp3 too

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Hondarider 1450 egts with 44% meth is the max I added it in the write up stock cp3 too

My bad. Got you confused with 56Taskforce. So many guys are swapping this turbo in. Makes me wish my trans was built already. I hate waiting...:(

1450? How big of a tune are you running?

hangenouthere

Diesel tech / Hotrodder
Feb 15, 2010
Smithers BC Canada EH!
cant wait to try it on my 06 lbz stock pump stock injectors should be here monday just cleared the border yesterday i'll get kory to remap my tunes for it seeing as mark gave him his turbo map wow christmas in january :)

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I have his 72mm on my regular cab short bed LBZ now. I'm so tempted to drive down there and give him the truck for a little bit :roflmao:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Cornell you have a nice looking rig!

Thank you! Not sure if its as quick as yours. Although I 4wd boosted launch and raced a srt 8 cherokee the other night to 130mph or so since my speedo was burried and I was still pulling on him. :spit: