New Colorado ordering

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Looks like this is giving me good reason to finally sit down and figure out my own CAN interface. :)

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
Since the colorado/canyon is in production now, has GM decided if they will be building the ZR2 platform? I surely hope they make one, that would be my ideal vehicle for a DD.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
IMO, the ZR2 was just a flashy way to get the public's reaction to the diesel.

I'd love to see it happen (The ZR2 is what really got me to consider a Colorado) but given what I'd assume to be a low take rate they'd need to price it out of the market. There's a significant amount of ZR2 only hardware on that truck which would drive the cost up.

They did end up creating a half hearted attempt at an appearance package they're calling the "trail boss."

Suns_PSD

Aug 18, 2015
First the Denali will happen late this year, then the LGX with the 8 speed, then possibly the ZR2.

The reality is that GM can't keep up with demand for the Twins as is making it harder to justify bringing new options to the table which generally are designed to increase demand further.

Furthermore, if the Eco-D's popularity and initial internet banter is any indication, the Baby-Max's popularity is going to greatly outstrip it's actual availability. GM has planned for a 10% take rate same as Mopar's initial planned take rate for the Eco-D. In the case of the Ram however, the take rate is 2x that and is supply limited to this day.

This initial shipment of Baby-Max's is only 50 measly engines! Between this forum and Coloradofans I see the majority of that allotment already spoken for by members who have ordered them.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
So, whose getting one of these diesel colorados that are apparently more rare than hen's teeth?!?!

I'll wait for the 8 speed auto. Heard too many problems with the 6 speed not being able to find the right gear at the right time.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
My salesman was finally able to give me a price today. After the 3900$ for the Duramax and all other packages that come with it total was $55,500

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
I'm really wanting to pick up one of those things. Besides me wanting it, the wife needs a car and the new Colorado fits all the profiles. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
My salesman was finally able to give me a price today. After the 3900$ for the Duramax and all other packages that come with it total was $55,500

Ummmmmmmm.... I hope your kidding. My 2500 Denali was only 60k out the door, sticker was 64k. Thats wayyyyy to close to the real thing to buy a toy...:)

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Yeah, it put a sour taste in my mouth. But in sure they will have big rebates and stuff as they come out. And I told him I wanted a high country. So this was a fully loaded CCSB

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
To me that price is nuts. I remember reading that the price should have been about 38-40 for a CCSB Z71 if over 45k its going to kill it fast as for a bit more you can have a full sized truck.

Kamilmk

Aug 13, 2015
Seymour, CT
To me that price is nuts. I remember reading that the price should have been about 38-40 for a CCSB Z71 if over 45k its going to kill it fast as for a bit more you can have a full sized truck.
This. I wonder why he called it for 55.5k. Stealership.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
It looks like order statuses are starting to change. My order is still 1100, but I've seen mention of a few that are at 3000 (accepted by production control)

The machine is finally starting to pick up a little steam.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
It looks like order statuses are starting to change. My order is still 1100, but I've seen mention of a few that are at 3000 (accepted by production control)

The machine is finally starting to pick up a little steam.

We have been building a few here and there. We have had a few break down in the plant. Place and people gets worn thin working 7 days a week non stop.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
We have been building a few here and there. We have had a few break down in the plant. Place and people gets worn thin working 7 days a week non stop.
I'd send you guys a few cases of Krispy Kremes and say build it with extra care after a nap or something lol